Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Recent Coors ad

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Recent Coors ad

Post by Tapsucker »

I just noticed a new Coors ad about colour changing labels. I guess their customers now need to know when it tastes like cold. :D

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

I feel degraded as a male but also a human being whenever I see that commercial about the idiots sitting around having some bimbo explain to them why the mountains turn blue. :roll:

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

I think it's a hilarious ad.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

JesseM wrote:I feel degraded as a male but also a human being whenever I see that commercial about the idiots sitting around having some bimbo explain to them why the mountains turn blue. :roll:
the beer sucks, but geez, lighten up jesse.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

tuqueboy wrote:
JesseM wrote:I feel degraded as a male but also a human being whenever I see that commercial about the idiots sitting around having some bimbo explain to them why the mountains turn blue. :roll:
No.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

JesseM wrote:
tuqueboy wrote:
No.
yes. :wink:

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

tuqueboy wrote:
JesseM wrote:
tuqueboy wrote: the beer sucks, but geez, lighten up jesse.
No.
yes. :wink:
It is my belief you should darken down.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Tapsucker wrote:I just noticed a new Coors ad about colour changing labels. I guess their customers now need to know when it tastes like cold. :D
I think your average Coors Light drinker doesn't have the mental capacity to determine hot and cold by mere touch alone. :lol:

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

am i the only one who wants to grab a blue highlighter and just scribble on the mountains of every bottle i can find?

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

It's nothing new as the star on the Newcastle Brown Ale bottle used to change colour when the beer was at the 'optimum' coldness. And this was waaaaayyyyy back in the early 90's. Still, it's a really dumb idea and as is the advert. I guess all that cold beer just eventually freezes your brain and you turn stoopid :evil:

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

The zywiec bottles have had that spellbinding 'technology' for quite some time as well. Really tho, this is a pretty tame, however hackneyed example of marketing if you think about it. I mean, coors has apparently devoted themselves to searching for an ever lower common denominator to appeal to in their adverts.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

I thought there was something on the Robert Simpson bottles when they first came out that changed colour on it....whatever floats your boat....

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

lagerale wrote:I thought there was something on the Robert Simpson bottles when they first came out that changed colour on it....whatever floats your boat....
I have one of their beer glasses that does that sort of thing. There's a patch on it that changes colour to show a sailboat. Despite the gimmick, it's a nice glass, big and heavy like my martini glasses (took a while to find those suckers.)
lister

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

I used to have a cup which slowly revealed Slimer from Ghostbusters when it had hot liquid poured into it. Unfortunately, my gran was over-exuberant in washing it one day, and Slimer was well and truly busted. The next time I had my cocoa, no ghost.

A piece of my childhood went down the plughole that day.

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

The German and English beers where the bikini comes off the girl when the temperature gets cold enough are still my favourite. :o Its called thermochromic inks.