Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Antigravity labels - Am I missing something?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

TwoPint

Antigravity labels - Am I missing something?

Post by TwoPint »

Given Southern Tier's problems with the LCBO's stringent regulations, I was a bit surprised at the Robert Simpson's Antigravity Light Ale that I found at the Dundas & Dovercourt store today. It was an open 6-pack and the individual bottles had no indication of the volume or alcohol content - not on the front label, not on the back, not on the cap. Only on the cardboard carrier itself was this info to be found.

Are my eyes failing me or are these bottles missing neck labels or is this an LCBO oversight?

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

OMG

Please, please, please, PLEASE tell me you didn't buy them and drink any!!!!!!!!!! You have NO IDEA what could be in those bottles! Someone could have tampered with them! They could have just walked into the store, popped off the caps, poured poison into them, re-sealed them and walked out without ANYONE seeing them the WHOLE time! You know, this just really brings home the message to me that we NEED our collective bigger bro' the LCBO to watch out for us! I bet the brewer secretly planted them on the shelves of that store in some sort of evil plot.

Seriously man, you could be dead in hours. I would start freaking out and going into quarantine if I were you!
Last edited by JesseM on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Just as a disclaimer, I was being sarcastic :lol: .

MetalHead

Post by MetalHead »

JesseM wrote:Just as a disclaimer, I was being sarcastic :lol: .
Well if anyone coulden't tell then they deserve to be offended.
Beer, not just for breakfast anymore.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

MetalHead wrote:
Well if anyone coulden't tell then they deserve to be offended.
What the hell is THAT supposed to mean? :)

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I've seen some bottles of Antigravity with neck labels (which includes the abv) and some without, so it's obviously a labelling glitch at the brewery.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I bought a sixer of this. Pretty underwhelming. Canadian ale is the style they are going for, I guess, and the packaging materials proudly proclaim "no aftertaste" - always a bad sign. For the record, no neck labels and no abv anywhere on the bottle; only on the carton. I wonder if it is all malt. My guess would be no. They do call it "all natural".