Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Corne du Diable

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

Thanks Belgian, I do have a dedicated pint glass but it does see soap. I may need to find something to "strip it" of any residue.

To clarify the head didn't put off any strange odurs, it was the bitterness to it when trying to take a drink, frankly it was to much hop. Once settled though the balance of the malt is better or the hops are more mild when not all foamed up? After having this beer a few times I would go out of my way to buy it and live with having to wait on it for a minute :D
Belgian wrote:
Matty D wrote:I can't seem to pour this beer without it creating a monstorous head...
The first thing you can try (not to presume otherwise Matty D) is start with a virgin glass that has never touched any form of grease or soap. Beers can reactt with any kind of 'film' such as the residue left by hand-washing detergent.

Maybe getting the foaming under control will improve the aromas for you a well! I've never noted any problem with Corné. Always use 'beer-only' glasses that are never cleaned with anything except hot clean water, by hand, particularly the glass interior which contacts the beer.

If the aroma still puts you off, allow the beer to rest a minute or two after pouring to "blow away" some of the strong (naturally-occuring) volatile compounds.