Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Exploring Canada’s insatiable obsession with brew

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

woodpecker

Exploring Canada’s insatiable obsession with brew

Post by woodpecker »

http://www.thegatewayonline.ca/articles ... ccessories

I found this snip interesting:

"So in a global comparison, we suck at everything beer related, but when looking at the Americans, we dominate. We’re perpetually making ourselves different from them, and since you can’t be shittier at beer than the US, we chose to be better. And better we are."

Hence, the reason why is beer such an integral part of Canadian culture.

Agree or Disagree?

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

It's a completely dismissable Frat boy mentality article that gets just about everything wrong. America makes the worst beer? Wrong. Canadians make the best beer? Wrong. Canadians don't have much of a history with making beer? Wrong. Canadians consume more beer than any other country (or, as the writer suggests, "hold" it better)????

It's tripe written by a prairie college boy with little actual information and a lot of youthful presumption.

However I look forward to his next opus on which shape of beer bong provides the greatest BUZZ.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.