Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bar Towel 10th anniversary! November 4th @ Victory Cafe

Post details, reviews and recaps of interesting beer events in Ontario and elsewhere here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Bar Towel 10th anniversary! November 4th @ Victory Cafe

Post by Cass »

Here's another event that's coming up quicker than I thought and it would be great to use this as the pub night that's been talked about recently.

On November 4th, 2008, it will be the 10th anniversary of my registering the domain name bartowel.com from 1998. God I can't believe how time has passed!

Anyway, it would be great to do a pub night and celebrate with the gang here.

I don't have a plan in place yet, so please save the date. If there are any bar owners that could possibly accommodate, please email me!

Cass
Last edited by Cass on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Congratulations Cass! Quite the achievement. I know Bar Towel has played a big part in my beer education over the couple of years that I've been a member.

Wherever the party's at, I'm there.

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

Congrats Cass & the Bartowel Crew. Thats a pretty good acomplishment!!
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

lemme know when and where. Ive only been on this site a bit over a month but there's a wealth of information on here. I discovered about 10 new brews I would have never thought of if it weren't for this site [/sappiness]

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Big congrats, it's unbelievable how much I have gained from this little blue-colored Toronto* web forum.
In Beerum Veritas

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

OK, we've got a location for the night - upstairs at the Victory Cafe. There will probably be a cask or two available at the bar upstairs.

It'll be a casual pub night, but there was some talk of having a Bar Towel meet-and-greet recently, so let's use this for that.

There's also the US election that night, so the Victory will be showing that on the big screen upstairs, so we can also toast a victory of another sort.

So please come out and have a couple of drinks. Would be nice to meet some of the folks on the forum.

Doors will be at 6pm.

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Cass wrote:There's also the US election that night
There having an election in the States?

old faithful
Bar Fly

Post by old faithful »

See you all there and thanks, Cass, for organising this and all you do on this site.

Gary

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Bobsy wrote: There having an election in the States?
Yes. Apparently it has a bearing on the fate of the entire world. Egomaniacs.

During our recent election a Japanese sounding fellow turned up on the day at my door with a clipboard (NDP volunteer I think) to see if I voted yet and asked me with heavily accented English "You vote for the erection?".
Yes, I voted for the erection. How could you vote against it...unless you were in prison with a 300 pound brute of a cellmate nicknamed Cuddles.

But I digress...Cass, be sure to bring that bag of "Hi, my name is..." stickers. There's been a lot of new folks recently who it'd be great to recognize and talk to.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Work is slightly less crazy than usual, so I'll do my best to be there.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I unfortunately have tickets to a play that night. I'm going to try and swing by for a pint or two afterwards, but it will depend on how late it goes (it's a double bill) and how my next morning at work is looking.

toweringpine

Post by toweringpine »

I will drop by for a bit his evening. I will probably be closer 6PM and won't be able to stay too late. Hope to meet some of the community there.

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

I'm working on set today in Hamilton. I'm hoping for an early wrap and to drop in on my way home...how late will people be there?
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.

sstackho
Bar Fly

Post by sstackho »

I'll likely be arriving between 8 and 9.

Duct Tape

Post by Duct Tape »

I am going over top City Hall to recon the Vigile 1914-1918 at City Hall for a future evening of photography, so i will probably be up to Victory between 7:30 and 8:00, depending on when i get away from the office to go over to City Hall.
"If the Women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"
-------
Please visit www.OHLPhotos.com & http://www.flickr.com/photos/55976115@N00/