Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Okay, Who Brought the Bud?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

denguy

Okay, Who Brought the Bud?

Post by denguy »

I shut up the cottage last weekend. Every Fall, I go up north with a few buddies to "work" on the grounds and prepare the cabin for its Winter nap.
I brought some Great Lakes 666, and others brought Southern Tier, Rouge Nut Brown, Creemore Pilsner, and by the end of the weekend it was all gone--save for a 28 box of Budweiser.
The box was unopened. No one would admit to bringing it and I couldn't leave it up there obviously--temperatures can drop to -40.
So, I have 28 Bud here. I guess I could always serve it to my father-in-law when he visits.
Honestly, what would you do?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

denguy wrote:I shut up the cottage last weekend. Every Fall, I go up north with a few buddies to "work" on the grounds and prepare the cabin for its Winter nap.
I brought some Great Lakes 666, and others brought Southern Tier, Rouge Nut Brown, Creemore Pilsner, and by the end of the weekend it was all gone--save for a 28 box of Budweiser.
The box was unopened. No one would admit to bringing it and I couldn't leave it up there obviously--temperatures can drop to -40.
So, I have 28 Bud here. I guess I could always serve it to my father-in-law when he visits.
Honestly, what would you do?

I'd use it to make beer and cheese soup, other cooking applications, and I would also serve it to guests.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Take it to a Christmas party.

lagerale

Post by lagerale »

If it's unopened, maybe you can bring it back! Otherwise, you'll be sitting on a case of Bud for a while.....

denguy

Post by denguy »

lagerale wrote:If it's unopened, maybe you can bring it back! Otherwise, you'll be sitting on a case of Bud for a while.....
Ya, too late for that--in a fit of despair (empty beer fridge) I opened one. I didn't like it very much. I'm heading to the LCBO right now.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

denguy wrote:
lagerale wrote:If it's unopened, maybe you can bring it back! Otherwise, you'll be sitting on a case of Bud for a while.....
Ya, too late for that--in a fit of despair (empty beer fridge) I opened one. I didn't like it very much. I'm heading to the LCBO right now.
You should try taking back the 27 & tell them you thought you were buying an American Lager, but it tastes like a Japanese Rice Lager. :D

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

LOL! Nice one Derek.

Well.. as much as I hate to say it... Budweiser is the most popular beer in the world. Whether you realize it or not, you know many, many people who will gladly take it off your hands.

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

Okay, so, here's what you do: pour out all the bottles into a large tub that can be elevated, then, dump it on someone you really don't like, or yourself, or maybe someone you really DO like. Or, you can see how fast you can chug every single bottle in one sitting. I find this a very efficient way of getting rid of unwanted beer. Trust me it's hilarious.

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

Ralphus wrote:LOL! Nice one Derek.

Well.. as much as I hate to say it... Budweiser is the most popular beer in the world. Whether you realize it or not, you know many, many people who will gladly take it off your hands.
I think Snow beer out of China is now the most popular beer in the world. Things do change. :wink:

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Lime juice works wonders...

denguy

Post by denguy »

JesseM wrote:... Or, you can see how fast you can chug every single bottle in one sitting. I find this a very efficient way of getting rid of unwanted beer.
Heh, that's a good one--I could invite the same guys over for boat races one night!

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

I think Snow beer out of China is now the most popular beer in the world. Things do change.
I guess it all depends on who is dong the counting.. what's a million or two hectolitres between friends :)

http://www.reuters.com/article/rbssCons ... 6620081106

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

I took back a six pack of Mill Street that had a beer missing from it. I'd try to take it back and get a free 40 bucks.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

You could freeze it in a tub & make EisBud...

Then package it for friends Xmas presents. It should make about 3 bottles of EisBud if you freeze out & remove the excess water.
In Beerum Veritas

HogTownHarry

Post by HogTownHarry »

Belgian wrote:You could freeze it in a tub & make EisBud...

Then package it for friends Xmas presents. It should make about 3 bottles of EisBud if you freeze out & remove the excess water.
We have a winner!!!