Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Latvian Federation of Canada

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Dropped in tonight for dinner, located at 4 Credit Union Drive (Eglinton/Victoria Park) They have three Latvian Beers available. Aldaris Brewery products, Gaisis a light beer, Tumsais a Dunkel and Stipsais a strong lager. The Porteris is coming soon. They have a very nice buffet, all You can eat for $7.00. Open weeknights from 6:00-midnight, Saturdays noon-2:00. Definitely worth a visit.

Cheers, Doug

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DougShoemaker on 2002-12-13 21:44 ]</font>

Radek

Post by Radek »

Yes , I gotta visit this place ! Sounds very promssing .

DougShoemaker

Post by DougShoemaker »

Went to the Latvian Federation last night. The Bar named Umurkumurs, which means "the meeting place," is located in the basement. They have three more of the Aldaris Brewery line, Ice Beer, Zelta(Gold,) and Porteris, giving you a choice of 6 Latvian beers to try. A very comfortable dining area, quiet, clean and they have the buffet for just $7.00. I hope some of You can get out that way. It is right on the south west corner of Eglinton East and Credit Union Drive. You can get there on the T.T.C. by taking the Eglinton East Bus from Eglinton and Yonge, or from Victoria Park Station take the Victoria Park Bus, transfer at Eglinton, take the Eglinton Bus west, about four or five stops.
Good Hunting, Cheers, Doug