Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Scarcity of supplies

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bill Pierce

Post by Bill Pierce »

Yes, I'm aware of Brew Time in Hamilton (about a 20-minute drive for me), and I'll give them a qualified thumbs-up. They're friendly and want to be helpful, but there are many items, especially in terms of equipment, they don't stock and are unable to suggest a source. I will say that they have quite a few hop varieties in stock, and they did even a year ago during the worst of the hop shortage, at reasonable prices.

As for Brewhaven, my London friends say they are glad there is at least some kind of homebrew shop in the area, but I'm closer to Buffalo and make a pilgrimage across the border three or four times a year.

Guybrush, if your travels take you to the southwest, there are at least three very good shops in the Detroit area, a hotbed of homebrewing (but really nothing in Windsor)

beds

Post by beds »

These guys are new and have free shipping in London.

www.mashingheads.com

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

beds wrote:These guys are new and have free shipping in London.

www.mashingheads.com
they are also very helpful and friendly!

Hamilton Brian

Post by Hamilton Brian »

jaymack wrote:
I've been all-graining for just over a year now and have had decent success with supplies from Brew Time in Hamilton. They are a BOP for those who wan't a deal on 48 litres of beer, but they do have a good selection of malts, hops and White Labs Yeast Strains. What they don't have, they seem to be good at obtaining. You may want to give them a look.

Cheers,
Jay
I concur; I've never lacked for grain, hops, or yeast from them. They're super nice and the staff that grind the grain for me are pretty intrigued with what I do at home.

thekulman

Post by thekulman »

I run an oline store out of Whitby that carries a wide range of Homebrewing supplies.
www.homebrewersretail.com

Also just got some equipment in that I'll be adding soon

Once I joined CABA and opened the store I came in contact with well over a dozen homebrewers litterally within a few km of me. It's a strong fraternity, but a private one - until you talk about it.

Brian
www.homebrewersretail.com - 2 row always $1.10/lb (Canada Malting)
We now carry Wyeast Activator packs, White Labs pitchable vials and 5 Star products.