Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Victory Prima Pils

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

icemachine wrote:Shame, I'd buy it whenever I saw it, which wasn't often since none of the locals stocked it, probably because it didn't sell well enough.
My locals seemed to get it in 2009 as a batch and never received anymore even though it sold quite quickly. It was pretty much done by Fall 2009.

I came across some in July 2010 in another area and picked up 12 and judging by the date it was part of that original 09 release. They had 7 sixes I bought 2 and they still show 5 left, so the only person who bought some in 5 months was an out of towner.

I suspect any that is still showing in inventory was from last year although what I had still tasted quite good, mind you it was over 30C then.

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

I remember last winter it was really scarce.. just a few bottles in the system and I was sure it was a goner, but it came back. I haven't had it in a few months but Sprague11 gave me a trade which tasted similar, albeit not as strong, and now I miss it once more.
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

GregClow wrote:
skaghevn wrote:For those who find it fun to mess with LCBO staff, there are 10 very, very dusty bottles at the Crossroads location.
And those may be the last you ever see at an LCBO location, as I've heard from a reliable source that Prima Pils has been officially delisted due to poor sales.
It's now official. At the LCBO website it says Prima Pils discontinued. There aren't too many left on shelves.

http://www.lcbo.ca/lcbo-ear/lcbo/produc ... ber=123281

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Ukie wrote:
icemachine wrote:Shame, I'd buy it whenever I saw it, which wasn't often since none of the locals stocked it, probably because it didn't sell well enough.
My locals seemed to get it in 2009 as a batch and never received anymore even though it sold quite quickly. It was pretty much done by Fall 2009.

I came across some in July 2010 in another area and picked up 12 and judging by the date it was part of that original 09 release. They had 7 sixes I bought 2 and they still show 5 left, so the only person who bought some in 5 months was an out of towner.

I suspect any that is still showing in inventory was from last year although what I had still tasted quite good, mind you it was over 30C then.
I picked up a six this summer at Crossroads, there was one nestled away in the back of the fridge which I just cracked, date code 0509 - could be a number in front of it but not clear
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

icemachine wrote:
I picked up a six this summer at Crossroads, there was one nestled away in the back of the fridge which I just cracked, date code 0509 - could be a number in front of it but not clear
That was the date on the batch I bought, May 2009. I was a little sceptical about buying it with the dust and all but it tasted fine. I dont know if I would go back and buy anymore since its done.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Esprit brought in Prima Pilsner, right?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

sprague11 wrote:Esprit brought in Prima Pilsner, right?
Yes.