Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Garrison Order #2

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bonesey

Post by Bonesey »

kwjd wrote:Just having my first sip of the Imperial IPA now... excellent! Thanks Cass!

This makes me (almost) forget the annoyance of picking up the beer earlier today... which ended with me just grabbing the box and walking away while the LCBO employee saying I still needed to sign stuff. The system they have there is clearly set up for businesses doing large orders, not individuals trying to pick up a single box.
At least they didn't give your beer away like they did mine earlier today. Some unsuspecting Bar Toweler has to make a return trip with the stolen booty. I got one in the end but if you're not picking up 20 cases of wine for your restaurant, good luck!
"Put another brick in my hookah, Chow Ming, and fetch me fresh silks, I've soiled myself again."
--Franklin Pierce, April 6, 1856

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

Soods wrote:
jaymack wrote:Was expecting the Jalapeno in my Mix 6 but they replaced it with the Hop Yard Pale Ale.

Little disappointed as I was really looking forward to the Jalapeno but the Hop Yard is a darn good beer and acceptable replacement I suppose.
I thought the original 6 pack included Hop Yard and Jalapeno, as well as the Tall Ship Amber, Nut Brown, Raspberry Wheat and Irish Red Ale.

Which one did they replace then?
Should be the Moka Ale. Nut brown with espresso added.

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Bobbyok wrote:
Soods wrote:
jaymack wrote:Was expecting the Jalapeno in my Mix 6 but they replaced it with the Hop Yard Pale Ale.

Little disappointed as I was really looking forward to the Jalapeno but the Hop Yard is a darn good beer and acceptable replacement I suppose.
I thought the original 6 pack included Hop Yard and Jalapeno, as well as the Tall Ship Amber, Nut Brown, Raspberry Wheat and Irish Red Ale.

Which one did they replace then?
Should be the Moka Ale. Nut brown with espresso added.
Its been awhile but checking back to teh original listing I beleive it's the Stout that has replaced the Jalapeno. The Nut Brown was always part of the order

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Got mine today and will be opening a bottle after moving into the new place.

Timmy

Post by Timmy »

Just got mine today after bringing a case of american beers back yesterday from my trip to Sault St. Marie.

Total beer haul in last 4 days:
2 sixes Bell's Two hearted IPA (drank in the SOO)
1 six Bells Pale (Drank in the SOO)
1 six Founders Dirty Bastard
1 six of Founders Rye'd PA
1 six Mad Hatter IPA
1 six Bells Amber

Then my Garrison order which was a case of Hopyard, Imperial IPA and a case of the mix sixers.

Everytime I open my little beer fridge filled to capacity a tear escapes....

Ralphus

Post by Ralphus »

I'm really enjoying the Hopyard Pale Ale. It has a really nice hoppy aroma with a hint of vanilla or something which I can't get enough of. Very drinkable.
drinkvine.com - a better way to find your beer and wine.

evansj

Post by evansj »

I'm glade to see you guys are enjoying some fine Maritime brewing. I too really enjoy Garrison's Imperial IPA, but I have access to it via NB Liquor. However about a month ago, the bar I go to all the time has it on tap now. O_O

If you guys haven't ordered it before, I would recommend trying to get a hold of Garrison's Grand Baltic Porter, its my favourite beer from them, with the ImIPA being my second.

I have 3 bottles of their Jalapeño Ale at home, which I'm going to share with some people in a few weeks.

I'm hoping to go to Halifax in a few weeks and pick up some of their Blackberry Wheat Ale.

PS: This is my first posting to BT.