Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Flying Monkeys - Netherworld

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Peter,

If there were bars in London that would take a few cases of your product, would there be a way for them to get it?
Hey Len,

For sure...we deliver to the TBS depot once a month!

Cheers,
Peter

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

peterchiodo wrote:Oh, and I forgot...I know this is the beer review forum...but if anyone has any ideas on artwork/packaging concepts, let me know.....I'm starting off with Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell Album cover as inspiration.....f**k I must be old.
Well when I hear the word "Netherworld" I think of obviously a forboding abyss of sorts, dark and scary. You may want to imply taking a trip to this netherworld... if you dare/brave enough etc. I would almost dare the beer drinker to try it, "are you chicken?" etc. That once you enter this world you may never return to the light... I don't think you want to get overly serious with it, stay with your tongue in cheek attitude of course. Perhaps a long winding stair case suspended in space, sort of a Salvador Dali feel? http://www.artistsguilds.com/art/Dali.htm. I stubmled across this image as well and it just seemed to fit http://th09.deviantart.net/fs10/300W/i/ ... dilekt.jpg

No easy task trying to put a concept into the visual realm. Good luck and I look forward to trying this brew even if it comes in a cardboard beige box. :wink:

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

Actually filtering it tomorrow with Yoey...I think it has grown up enough..I plan on a lower than usual carbonation 2.50-2.55...We are bottling a few sample bottles next week. Totally available for rate beer-ing.

Yours in brewing,
Peter
Last edited by peterchiodo on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

Matty D wrote:
peterchiodo wrote:Oh, and I forgot...I know this is the beer review forum...but if anyone has any ideas on artwork/packaging concepts, let me know.....I'm starting off with Meatloaf's Bat out of Hell Album cover as inspiration.....f**k I must be old.
Well when I hear the word "Netherworld" I think of obviously a forboding abyss of sorts, dark and scary. You may want to imply taking a trip to this netherworld... if you dare/brave enough etc. I would almost dare the beer drinker to try it, "are you chicken?" etc. That once you enter this world you may never return to the light... I don't think you want to get overly serious with it, stay with your tongue in cheek attitude of course. Perhaps a long winding stair case suspended in space, sort of a Salvador Dali feel? http://www.artistsguilds.com/art/Dali.htm. I stubmled across this image as well and it just seemed to fit http://th09.deviantart.net/fs10/300W/i/ ... dilekt.jpg

No easy task trying to put a concept into the visual realm. Good luck and I look forward to trying this brew even if it comes in a cardboard beige box. :wink:
I really dig Dali!

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

I once thought of doing a beer infused with hickory smoked beef jerkey... and sell it with beer-glazed beef jerkey.

Kinda like chicken-or-the-egg thing.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

peterchiodo wrote:Actually filtering it tomorrow with Yoey...I think it has grown up enough..I plan on a lower than usual carbonation 2.50-2.55...We are bottling a few sample bottles next week. Totally available for rate beer-ing.

Yours in brewing,
Peter
When do you figure you will have it available at the brewery?
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

jimmay

Post by jimmay »

Hey Peter - thanks for the tour and sampling today. It's really a great experience to see your passion in person! Tastes like Netherworld will be another winner, and look forward to many more good beers! Thanks for your time!

Drew

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

I'm a big f**king liar....I'm switching which BBT I'm filtering into so it won't be filtered until next week and QC bottled the week after. Sorry dudes.

P-nus

P.S. hope u enjoy the unfiltered stuff, Drew!

JesseM
Seasoned Drinker

Post by JesseM »

peterchiodo wrote:I'm a big f**king liar....I'm switching which BBT I'm filtering into so it won't be filtered until next week and QC bottled the week after. Sorry dudes.

P-nus

P.S. hope u enjoy the unfiltered stuff, Drew!
You.....you asshole......

Lol, but seriously, send a few kegs to the Kick Off and all will be forgiven :D .

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

Netherworld Imperial India Porter

Hey ya'll,

We did bottle a little Netherworld last week. I have reserved a few cases for 'towlers. Wow, once we popped a little CO2 in that baby all the hops came alive. The Cascade and East Kent did battle….the west coast hops won and have a marked presence once your buds make it through the roast and chocolate. I usually don't pick them up until my third sip. Yoey suggested under carbonating the beer to 2.56…I pushed him a bit but we both agreed this style of beer tasted better at a lower CO2 level than other beers. See for yourself...

I hope you all enjoy it….We plan on keeping it around all year long. Other than that I am back to the website…I hope to have something up soon!

Peter “Asswipe/liar/asshole” Chiodo
Flying Monkeys (Monkeys...plural because there are more than one of us)
Peace

bartle

Post by bartle »

peterchiodo wrote:Netherworld Imperial India Porter

Hey ya'll,

We did bottle a little Netherworld last week. I have reserved a few cases for 'towlers. Wow, once we popped a little CO2 in that baby all the hops came alive. The Cascade and East Kent did battle….the west coast hops won and have a marked presence once your buds make it through the roast and chocolate. I usually don't pick them up until my third sip. Yoey suggested under carbonating the beer to 2.56…I pushed him a bit but we both agreed this style of beer tasted better at a lower CO2 level than other beers. See for yourself...

I hope you all enjoy it….We plan on keeping it around all year long. Other than that I am back to the website…I hope to have something up soon!

Peace
I look forward to this.
chocolate malt?
dry hop with cascade by any chance?

I think you're on to something Peter.

Cheerios,

-b
enjoi

Matty D

Post by Matty D »

This sounds tasty. Are you planning to distribute through the LCBO? If not I may have to make a drive to the brewery (wait, I hope that didn't sound like a threat :lol: )

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

[/quote]

I look forward to this.
chocolate malt?
dry hop with cascade by any chance?

I think you're on to something Peter.

Cheerios,

-b[/quote]

Hey B-

Yup - I'm a Cascade whore! A few malts in this one, Chocolate, Muntons Roast, Crystal 240, etc!

Cheers,
P-

bartle

Post by bartle »

Be sure to save a drop.
I'm curious to how the cascade will add to the aroma and bitterness over the chocolate and roast.

- b-dizzle
enjoi

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

peterchiodo wrote:Netherworld Imperial India Porter

I have reserved a few cases for 'towlers.

Peace
available at the brewery?