Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nøgne Ø

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Roland + Russell

Nøgne Ø

Post by Roland + Russell »

Finally, we are in position to start the first private order of Nøgne Ø beers. The following will be offered:

Porter
Imperial Stout

All are 12 x 500 ml, the estimated cost is $75.00/case.

Contact us by email at sales@rolandandrussell.com with "Nøgne Ø order" in subject line.
If possible, please supply your full address, contact details and CC information as we would like to expedite this shipment.

Thank you so much!
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

wilco

Post by wilco »

If there's anyone in Toronto looking to split a case of the #100 and/or Imperial Stout, please PM me. Thanks.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

wilco wrote:If there's anyone in Toronto looking to split a case of the #100 and/or Imperial Stout, please PM me. Thanks.

I would have, but now that your location is no longer London, well, I'm not sure if I could make that sort of commitment to one that has now left the forest city for "greener pastures". Come back to us, and we will accept you..........remain in the land of concrete and gray skies........and you shall never be redeemed. :P
Last edited by SteelbackGuy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

If anyone in Ottawa would like to split a case of the Imperial Stout or #100 please PM me and I'll start the ordering process!

wilco

Post by wilco »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
wilco wrote:If there's anyone in Toronto looking to split a case of the #100 and/or Imperial Stout, please PM me. Thanks.

I would have, but now that your location is no longer London, well, I'm not sure if I could make that sort of commitment to one that has now left the forest city for "greener pastures". Come back to us, and we will accept you..........remain in the land of concrete and gray skies........and you shall never be redeemed. :P
For the record, I am now living closer to a park than I was in London. Just sayin'.

And if I'm ever visiting friends in London and still have a bottle kicking around, I'll let you know. You may have to wear some Maple Leafs paraphernalia, though.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

wilco wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:

For the record, I am now living closer to a park than I was in London. Just sayin'.

And if I'm ever visiting friends in London and still have a bottle kicking around, I'll let you know. You may have to wear some Maple Leafs paraphernalia, though.
I'm glad you have a cool new place Mike.
And I will gladly meet up with you and imbibe in several tasty brews with you, if you were so inclined. But I'll have to work out the whole "wearing maple leafs stuff". I'm not sure I'd be able to live with myself afterwards.

Cheers buddy
:wink: :)
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Roland + Russell

The Nøgne Ø order is closing so please contact us immediately if you wish to take part in this order.

Thank you so much,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Roland + Russell

This order was closed and submitted to LCBO Specialty Services some time ago. We have recently been told that at this point they are unable transport the shipment out of Norway due to the unavailability of temperature controlled containers.

We are currently exploring the possibility of moving the shipment by road to Germany where they have regularly scheduled TCC containers leaving for Canada. If this is not feasible, we will have to wait for the warmer weather.

We will keep you posted.

Our sincerest apologies.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Roland + Russell wrote:We have recently been told that at this point they are unable transport the shipment out of Norway due to the unavailability of temperature controlled containers.
Crap. Oh well. Things we cannot control, so good luck & get those Nøgne Ø beers to us soon as possible.
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Hi you R'n'R guys, any glimmer of progress on this Nøgne order so far? :)
In Beerum Veritas

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Belgian wrote:Hi you R'n'R guys, any glimmer of progress on this Nøgne order so far? :)
I got a response from emailing them a few weeks back, and it should be here sometime this month.

Roland + Russell

The ETA on this order is July 15. If it arrives earlier we will let you know. Please keep in mind that it will need to undergo lab testing etc. So in reality it won't be released till the end of July.

It took a long time to organize freight as the LCBO does not have regular shipments from Norway. We also could not get the beer shipped during the winter months as temperature controlled containers were very expensive!

In any case, it is almost here...thank you all for your patience and continued support of our quest to bring in some of the world's best brews.

Regards,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Roland + Russell wrote:The ETA on this order is July 15. If it arrives earlier we will let you know. Please keep in mind that it will need to undergo lab testing etc. So in reality it won't be released till the end of July.

It took a long time to organize freight as the LCBO does not have regular shipments from Norway. We also could not get the beer shipped during the winter months as temperature controlled containers were very expensive!

In any case, it is almost here...thank you all for your patience and continued support of our quest to bring in some of the world's best brews.

Regards,
That's great news! Thanks R&R, I'm looking forward to this!
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

carguy

Post by carguy »

Me too. I actually forgot I ordered it until I saw this post.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Benn looking forward to this one! Hopefully it arrives in time for a camping trip Aug long weekend. I ordered a case of the #100.