Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Product Call - Spring Beers 2011

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

velovampire
Seasoned Drinker

Post by velovampire »

matt7215 wrote:anything jolly pumpkin
+1

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

Wheatsheaf wrote:My picks:

Het Anker Hopsinjoor or Tripel
Jolly Pumpkin Bam Biere
Southern Tier Unearthly
JesseMcG wrote:but I'd LOVE to see Het Anker Margriet back.
Back? It never left. Not a bad beer, but a slow seller, I think. Still plenty around.
Just having a look at what stores still have it... and nothing really near me. It sold pretty quickly at the stores I frequent.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Torontoblue wrote:
Belgian wrote:
Absurdly, you could select or reject almost any beer for some criterion or other if you invented enough of them.

I doubt this is the intent of those criteria. But the LC does seem to dismiss a huge portfolio of internationally-acclaimed beers
They do the exact same with wine; it's not just a beer thing!!
Q: Have they ever just cut to the chase and called for "Products that are popular internationally because they don't suck." - ?
In Beerum Veritas

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

For bock beers, I would LOOVE to get the Moretti La rossa, or the Celebrator Doppelbock.

But if you really want me to get a hard-on, go for a limited release (including Ottawa, or else!) of the Gouden Carolus whiskey!

http://www.hetanker.be/en/whisky/belgia ... hisky.html

Cheers, keep up the good work, and diversify that brewery portfolio!

Some suggestions:
- Stoudt
- Bells
- Great Lakes (US)
- Magic Hat (its right there! go get it!)

And for spring beers, the Schofer Hoffer grapefruit mix I loved from 2 years ago.

Zuma

Post by Zuma »

iguenard wrote:For bock beers, I would LOOVE to get the Moretti La rossa, or the Celebrator Doppelbock.

I had Celebrator Doppelbock in my hands 24 hours ago and decided against picking up a four pack. If only you had mentioned it last week.

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

iguenard wrote: - Great Lakes (US)
There might be some trademark or copyright issues here what with there already being a Great Lakes Brewery in Ontario, as well as the fact that Magic Hat's flagship beer (and the one that is in all the variety packs) is called #9.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Kel Varnsen wrote:
iguenard wrote: - Great Lakes (US)
There might be some trademark or copyright issues here what with there already being a Great Lakes Brewery in Ontario, as well as the fact that Magic Hat's flagship beer (and the one that is in all the variety packs) is called #9.
I'd settle for Roxy Rolles and the IPA Cat... they make so many great, accessible beers.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Zuma wrote:
iguenard wrote:For bock beers, I would LOOVE to get the Moretti La rossa, or the Celebrator Doppelbock.

I had Celebrator Doppelbock in my hands 24 hours ago and decided against picking up a four pack. If only you had mentioned it last week.
** makes mental note to not share his Utopia-oak-aged Dieu du Ciel! beers with Zuma anymore **

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

I would rearry rove to see Jorry Pumpkin anything!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

teichertbier

Post by teichertbier »

Another vote for anything Jolly Pumpkin. Oro de Calabaza would be fantastic.

Some others I'd like to see on shelves:
Southern Tier Mokah
Southern Tier Unearthly (and/or Oak Aged)
Nogne O Porter
Nogne O Saison
Nogne O Imperial Stout
Hitachino Nest Espresso Stout
Mikkeller Beer Geek Breakfast

...and for a limited Ola Dubh 40-type release, Nogne O Dark Horizon 3.e (as long as Toronto wouldn't buy it all up before I get any :) )