Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Mixed Summer Packs

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

SteelbackGuy wrote: The following packs will be available starting in summer 2010, as part of LCBO's increase in mixed packs.

Ontario Craft Brewers Discovery Pack
A brand new pack will be available for summer 2010.

Mill Street Mini Brewpub
Will be available again, this time, containing two beers not normally available in stores.

Muskoka Craft Pack
A five pack of single serve cans from this craft brewer.

Paulaner Oktoberfest Pack
A 1 litre can with traditional stein as is served in Munich.
Can't wait for these four! Thanks for sharing the good news Len.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
Gimme.

carguy

Post by carguy »

Just can't justify the Mill Street, knowing I'll be stuck with a Stock Ale and Organic Lager. The Wit isn't that strong either, but it is more drinkable than the other two.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

sprague11 wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
Gimme.
Er -- it is a ONE LITER Stein that is served in Munich, if they are serving any point at all by referring to the actual Oktoberfest.

Nice way to encourage "socially Responsible" drinking though, ha ha. You could pour four bottles of Duggans #9 into that beast...
In Beerum Veritas

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'll just have someone else drive me around after I finish it :)

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:
sprague11 wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:
Gimme.
Er -- it is a ONE LITER Stein that is served in Munich, if they are serving any point at all by referring to the actual Oktoberfest.

Nice way to encourage "socially Responsible" drinking though, ha ha. You could pour four bottles of Duggans #9 into that beast...

To be fair, one litre is not a lot of beer. It is like drinking 2 tall boys. No biggie. No different than purchasing 750 of Maudite. How about those 4 litre casks of wine?
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Muskoka 5 packs now in stores. Picked one up today!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Muskoka 5 packs now in stores. Picked one up today!
ill have to grab one for the cottage this weekend

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Here's the new OCB mixed pack: http://www.ontariocraftbrewers.com/DiscoveryPack5.php
Wellington Trailhead Lager — Wellington Brewery, Guelph
Trailhead is a Vienna-style lager which is characterized by a careful balance of malt sweetness and clean, crisp hop bitterness.

Muskoka Hefe-Weissbier — Muskoka Cottage Brewery, Bracebridge
Our Hefe-Weissbier ("hay-fa-vice") beer is unfiltered and as a result is naturally hazy. Hops are restrained and this allows you to savour the distinctive fruity and spicy character that is contributed by a special strain of yeast.

Elora Grand Lager — Trafalgar Brewery, Oakville
Finally: a refreshing lager for those who would like some flavour with their beer. Elora Grand Lager is brewed with Canadian two-row barley and imported noble hops, then dry-hopped for good measure. Tired of watery domestic lagers? So were we. You can thank us later.

Devil's Pale Ale — Great Lakes Brewery, Toronto
Brewed with 6 select malts and 4 premium hops. Devil's Pale Ale has a rich mahogany colour, reminiscent of early English pale ales. The wonderful hoppy aroma is revealed even before your first sip, followed by a hearty malty body, and culminating with a pronounced bitterness.
Nice to have a mix-pack to expand the market, but I think we can get all of these but the Elora as singles anyway?

Gedge
Bar Fly

Post by Gedge »

The Elora is available on its own. And it is a Trafalgar beer.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Bobsy wrote:Here's the new OCB mixed pack: http://www.ontariocraftbrewers.com/DiscoveryPack5.php
Wellington Trailhead Lager — Wellington Brewery, Guelph
Trailhead is a Vienna-style lager which is characterized by a careful balance of malt sweetness and clean, crisp hop bitterness.

Muskoka Hefe-Weissbier — Muskoka Cottage Brewery, Bracebridge
Our Hefe-Weissbier ("hay-fa-vice") beer is unfiltered and as a result is naturally hazy. Hops are restrained and this allows you to savour the distinctive fruity and spicy character that is contributed by a special strain of yeast.

Elora Grand Lager — Trafalgar Brewery, Oakville
Finally: a refreshing lager for those who would like some flavour with their beer. Elora Grand Lager is brewed with Canadian two-row barley and imported noble hops, then dry-hopped for good measure. Tired of watery domestic lagers? So were we. You can thank us later.

Devil's Pale Ale — Great Lakes Brewery, Toronto
Brewed with 6 select malts and 4 premium hops. Devil's Pale Ale has a rich mahogany colour, reminiscent of early English pale ales. The wonderful hoppy aroma is revealed even before your first sip, followed by a hearty malty body, and culminating with a pronounced bitterness.
Nice to have a mix-pack to expand the market, but I think we can get all of these but the Elora as singles anyway?

They are all singles and 2/4 isn't good enough odds for me to buy the pack. :D

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

sounds like the bore you to death mix pack

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

So anyone seeing any more of these packs in stores? I'm not at work today so I can;t check.......so far I've seen the Muskoka Pack, Mill Street, Erdinger Pack, Stella Gift set.......

We sold 3 cases of the Muskoka pack in 2 days so it might be a tough one to get.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

SteelbackGuy wrote:We sold 3 cases of the Muskoka pack in 2 days so it might be a tough one to get.
If they start putting their IPA in the packs I'll start buying them. I do buy the Hefe in singles though. That's still good to hear that they are selling well.

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:So anyone seeing any more of these packs in stores? I'm not at work today so I can;t check.......so far I've seen the Muskoka Pack, Mill Street, Erdinger Pack, Stella Gift set.......

We sold 3 cases of the Muskoka pack in 2 days so it might be a tough one to get.
i bought a Muskoka pack, i had the light, lager, and cream but im mailing the hefe and dark to California