Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer Store keg list

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

LondonBeer

Beer Store keg list

Post by LondonBeer »

I checked their pdf of kegs available today. It sucks. How do bars get micros, are they delivered by the brewery? If I want some tankhouse for my home use do I have to drive to Toronto?

mooner

Post by mooner »

Basically yes. Or find a local rep. I'm from the Sarnia area and used to drive to London to meet the Mill St. rep at his house and pick up my kegs. He once managed to get tankhouse onto a tap at a local bar and even delivered to my door a couple times. Alas he was let go a year ago or so we're up shit creek. On a positive note you'll save money, a 50L keg of anything they brewed was around $150 then as opposed to $240 for 58L of bud or blue or other such mare's urine.

I do recall them telling me I could meet their delivery truck in London, but it was during working hours and I can't take a day off work for a beer run. Maybe their truck could swing by your house if it's not too out of the way (like mine). Let us know how you do if you figure something out.

I've taken to getting kegs of Bell's or Founder's over in Michigan and bringing them across the border, but you can only get 1/4 (30L) kegs cause the import limit is 45L per day.

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

thanks for the info, I will let you know how I make out. Where do you get the 1/4 kegs in mich??

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

LondonBeer wrote:thanks for the info, I will let you know how I make out. Where do you get the 1/4 kegs in mich??

Ryan's Party Store in Port Huron has has the mini kegs in the past.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

thanks, that was going to be my first stop when i get around to a beer run

mooner

Post by mooner »

LondonBeer wrote:thanks for the info, I will let you know how I make out. Where do you get the 1/4 kegs in mich??
I get them from the wolverine wine shop in Port Huron just north of downtown on the main drag. You could call them up and talk to somebody, a couple guys there know their beer. Tried to order through Ryan's but I don't think they do alot of keg sales. Tried to order a 30L of Rogue Dead Guy and he ended up bringing in Growlers of it instead??!. He blamed it on the sales rep. Was all bungled up.
SteelbackGuy wrote:Ryan's Party Store in Port Huron has has the mini kegs in the past.
Yeah you can get the 5L kegs of Bells two hearted and oberon there but they dont stock any real kegs.

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Do you have a website for the wolverine place?? i've never heard of it

mooner

Post by mooner »

LondonBeer wrote:Do you have a website for the wolverine place?? i've never heard of it

http://www.wolverinemarket.com/

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

thanks

mooner

Post by mooner »

An update: Just got back from Wolverine with a 30L of bell's two hearted - $89