Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

ATTN : R&R Re: Samichlaus

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Just so we're clear, this is an AGCO decision, not the LCBO.

Then these officious prigs have anal-retentive cobwebs on them from the Victorian era. I detest government commissions who assume a posture of moral superiority or moral guardian.....particularly when the most immoral force in society, next to organized crime, is authority-abusing government....sometimes I think they're in competition to shake down the public.
Aventinus rules!

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

pootz wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Just so we're clear, this is an AGCO decision, not the LCBO.

Then these officious prigs have anal-retentive cobwebs on them from the Victorian era.

Truer words have never been spoken, Dave.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Queef

Post by Queef »

The lcbo is a government business, so , no there is no clear line between them and the agco at all. Let's quit pretending that aspect, and pretending there is anything good about the system
it's beer o'clock.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

Here's a thought. So we know that Samiclaus was pulled because of a complaint from a vigilent puritan somewhere in the province. What's stopping us from complaining about every pink cooler, chocolatey liqueur, funky shaped wine bottle, cheekily named spirit, in the LCBO?

How long do you think it would take to get people to finally want change when the LCBO or AGCO take away their Mike's Hard Lemonade, Caramilk, and Woody's? I'm looking at a LCBO flyer right now and see a bottle of rum with a picture of a pirate on it... my kid brother likes pirates. I also see a bottle of Vextini that's a disturbingly tempting pink colour...

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

Bytowner wrote:Here's a thought. So we know that Samiclaus was pulled because of a complaint from a vigilent puritan somewhere in the province. What's stopping us from complaining about every pink cooler, chocolatey liqueur, funky shaped wine bottle, cheekily named spirit, in the LCBO?

How long do you think it would take to get people to finally want change when the LCBO or AGCO take away their Mike's Hard Lemonade, Caramilk, and Woody's? I'm looking at a LCBO flyer right now and see a bottle of rum with a picture of a pirate on it... my kid brother likes pirates. I also see a bottle of Vextini that's a disturbingly tempting pink colour...
That was exactly my thought. In one of the articles I saw online there was also a photo of St. Nick's Eggnog mix or something to that effect. I immediately thought about emailing or phoning in a complaint about that. And then taking a trip down to my favourite LCBO and taking notes on all the things that I find offensive and complaining. I wonder how far those would go.

Come on...

mintjellie
Seasoned Drinker

Post by mintjellie »

Peter Collins wrote:
Bytowner wrote:Here's a thought. So we know that Samiclaus was pulled because of a complaint from a vigilent puritan somewhere in the province. What's stopping us from complaining about every pink cooler, chocolatey liqueur, funky shaped wine bottle, cheekily named spirit, in the LCBO?

That was exactly my thought. In one of the articles I saw online there was also a photo of St. Nick's Eggnog mix or something to that effect. I immediately thought about emailing or phoning in a complaint about that. And then taking a trip down to my favourite LCBO and taking notes on all the things that I find offensive and complaining. I wonder how far those would go.

Come on...
I seriously thought the same thing.

cirrosis

Post by cirrosis »

who do we contact? i am low on beer and easily offended by labels these days!
if you need me i'll be in the fifth circle of hell

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

I'm totally down with picking something in the LCBO that offends me and writing someone about it. Where do I send my grievances?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

cfrancis wrote:I'm totally down with picking something in the LCBO that offends me and writing someone about it. Where do I send my grievances?
LCBO infoline.
Or contact the AGCO since they are the ones that made this particular decision.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
cfrancis wrote:I'm totally down with picking something in the LCBO that offends me and writing someone about it. Where do I send my grievances?
LCBO infoline.
Or contact the AGCO since they are the ones that made this particular decision.
This is definitely an AGCO complaint as they were the ones that orchestrated this.

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Bytowner »

My esperidoeidiphobia is kicking up. Thinking I might complain about Bud Light Lime. THAT would go over well.