Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO to close 7 locations during G20

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

I live inside the "secure zone" but not inside the fence, our condo corp has told us to stock up on essentials in case there is a "serious event"

I'll just need to add beer to the list, along with canned foods and a shotgun.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Weebay wrote:I live inside the "secure zone" but not inside the fence, our condo corp has told us to stock up on essentials in case there is a "serious event"
They have really thought of everything.

They shut down the morgue, so that rioters would not steal limbs to use as weapons.
In Beerum Veritas

devonsleigh

Post by devonsleigh »

I think this is the reason why they're closing the Spadina/King LCBO:

"One of the stores, the LCBO at King Street West and Spadina Avenue, was featured in a video posted on YouTube last month by a group of Montreal demonstrators. The video showed various Toronto landmarks including the LCBO store, the Hockey Hall of Fame and several banks, followed by their locations, which were marked on a map of Toronto with a skull and crossbones."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wor ... le1612002/

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Get the sound and water cannons!

MUST DEFEND MY LCBO!

Hopefully given the video there'll be enough police presence around the area to avoid any vandalism on the LCBO or my condo. :evil:
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

lister wrote:Get the sound and water cannons!

MUST DEFEND MY LCBO!

Hopefully given the video there'll be enough police presence around the area to avoid any vandalism on the LCBO or my condo. :evil:
What floor are you on? I'm planning to fire my paintball gun at a few windows up there!

I love that protesters were able to bully the LCBO into closing the Spadina store. If you listen to fools... Mob Rules!
In Beerum Veritas

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Belgian wrote:What floor are you on? I'm planning to fire my paintball gun at a few windows up there!
Unless you've got a rocket launcher, you ain't hitting my windows bub.

Watch out for the falling bleach balloons. You're pretty easy to spot in a crowd. To think my girlfriend hassled me for buying those 77c jugs of bleach a while ago. HA! I knew they'd come in handy at some point. :P
lister

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I meant I will be careful to miss your unit with my paintball gun, why the hostility?
In Beerum Veritas

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

Belgian wrote:I meant I will be careful to miss your unit with my paintball gun, why the hostility?
Uh huh, I see. Well then I'll try to be careful too. :P

Make sure you follow one of the unwritten rules of hockey: Keep your head up. :wink:
lister

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Walked by the Queen's Quay location this morning... completely bordered up. Looks like an abandoned store front

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

The King & Spadina one is boarded up too.

Lots of other businesses on King St W. boarded up too: Golf Town, Second Cup (thought still open), Dunn's, the Greek restaurant has put plexiglass-ish stuff up.
lister

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

And now you can be arrested if you don't identify yourself to an officer or security guard manning "the fence" if you are within 5 metres of it

Zee papers! Vee must see zee papers! NOW![/i]
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Derek wrote:Molotov cocktail anyone?
Maybe they should've closed more sources of flammable material!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/gallery ... ts-toronto