Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Beer recommendations anyone?

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Number8 wrote:I'll definitely look out for the McEwan's and the recs mintjellie gave tomorrow. They sound real good.

I thought about getting the Sinha Stout many times although I remain hesitant since it seems that NOBODY buys the stuff.

Don't trust the philistines cause all they get is Molson and Labatt and think Heineken and Corona is the good stuff that should be saved for special occasions. I guess most of us were one of these unfortunate people at some point in our lives.

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

saints_gambit wrote:I recommend you start drinking heavily.

Sometimes, if no one is looking, I'm quite partial to Zywiec. You should try that.

Zywiec is an abominable, metallic tasting beer and I'm Polish. As most Polish beers it is owned by forgein interests, in this case Heineken. I would steer clear of mass produced Polish beers and instead opt for their world class vodkas (Chopin, Belvedere and Zubrowka being my favs). But hey, it doesn't hurt to try I suppose. Although from the TS' list at the beginning, I suspect lagers and pilsners are not going to be up his alley. For me, they're good thirst quenchers on a hot day and nothing else.