Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nogne O imperial Stout

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dmits

Nogne O imperial Stout

Post by dmits »

Cracked one open as soon as it had cooled from car trunk to reasonable drinking temp. Just picked up my case today.

Poured into a brandy snifter: opaque black with 3-4 cm of dark brown foam, which lasted for quite some time

S: this is where seasonal allergies really suck... not too much in smell, just a little bit of roasted malt and alcohol

T: chocolate and coffee, well balanced, alcohol taste is almost non-existent, almost no bitterness. I checked the label and was surprised when I saw no added flavour or sugar, I could put this in a bowl and eat with a soupspoon and call it dessert.

M: Smooth perfect amount of carbonation

D: for an Imperial Stout surprisingly not that heavy, kind of wishing I had not skipped breakfast and lunch was more than a 250 cal weight watchers TV dinner cause 500mL of this should not go to your head this quickly...

I’m not disappointed with my first private order. Nice consolation prize since my summer trip to Norway/Scandinavia fell apart due to the fact that I'm a poor student.

Thanks R&R for bringing this beer to ON

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Thanks for the review.

I see you spend time in London. Likely, you have a superior palate and are welcome to join the London Beer Bitches at our regular tastings!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Thanks for the review.

I see you spend time in London. Likely, you have a superior palate and are welcome to join the London Beer Bitches at our regular tastings!
Len whoring himself out again :wink:

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Torontoblue wrote:

Len whoring himself out again :wink:

I do it for both sexes too.........:) I'm quite inquisitive! :O
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

When and where? I have family getting married there in Aug and would love to skip away from the church for a few drinks.