Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel! Microbrewery Feature

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

hopaddict wrote:
TJ wrote:I'm still curious as to what a brewery feature entails, exactly, and now that it's nine days late if it will be given an extension. But I've given up the hopes of ever getting an answer.
The dates of this "brewery feature" don't mean much. The beers will be on the shelves until they are all sold, so don't worry about them being 9 days late. Beer release dates don't mean anything to the LCBO.

Yeah. It's all be out real soon. It's not as if because it is a bit late, we're going to have less product to choose from. The same amount will be available, and just as when Peche and Corne originally hit the shelves last year, I'm sure we'll all have plenty of opportunity to get some.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

TJ

Post by TJ »

hopaddict wrote:The dates of this "brewery feature" don't mean much. The beers will be on the shelves until they are all sold, so don't worry about them being 9 days late. Beer release dates don't mean anything to the LCBO.
This I know. I'm not worried that as of September 11th all of DDC's beers are going to be sent packing back to Quebec from whence they came. I'm just wondering if they were promised some kind of prime shelf space for the duration of the feature and if this will be extended to a later date now that things have been delayed.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

I also think that, for the most part, these DDC will sell pretty well and not linger about for months anyhow. They are interesting-looking beers with great names, which are also unusually well-made and offer real stand-out character.

Ontario is ready for that, and I think it's a bold but intelligent move to put several DDC products in front of the consumer all at once. Even if half of them are big hits, there is already a strong brand recognition and desirability. In other words "DDC is cool."
In Beerum Veritas

Keep6 Imports

Post by Keep6 Imports »

Dieu Du Ciel! Feature Update

The beers have started to leave the main warehouse and have been allocated to the specific stores part of the feature. Expect the brands to start being on shelves by end of week, early next week. We would suggest contacting the stores before hand to make sure they have shelved the products.

Unfortunately the Aphrodite will be a few weeks behind, we apologize for the delay on this feature. Thanks to everyone for your support!

Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel! will be in town September 16,17,18,19. Event details will be released shortly.

Cheers!
KEEP6 IMPORTS
Imported Goods

http://keep6imports.com
info@keep6imports.com
@keep6imports on Twitter

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Found some Blanche Paradis on the shelf at Cooper St. today.

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Cass wrote:Found some Blanche Paradis on the shelf at Cooper St. today.
Showing 91 bottles, I would have thought more. Looks like get it while you can.

kwjd

Post by kwjd »

Ukie wrote:
I grabbed the last bottle from the shelf after work today. Not sure if there was more in the back or not. I didn't ask because I only wanted to get one to try it.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

kwjd wrote:
Ukie wrote:
I grabbed the last bottle from the shelf after work today. Not sure if there was more in the back or not. I didn't ask because I only wanted to get one to try it.
One of the licensees (?) bought it all out the back of the store yesterday, sorry folks.

** - edit - ** but now its showing 72 = exactly 3 cases which probably means its 'on hold' for the buyer to pick it up whenever. Ignore it.

I'm just glad to have my Black Damnation, thanks for the split Mr. Sammy.
In Beerum Veritas

Yankee Jim

Post by Yankee Jim »

Just heads up from here at Store 187 on Bayfield St. in Barrie, we will be getting 3 cases of each the Peppercorn Ale and the Blanche du Paradis on tonight's load. It should be on the shelf when we open tomorrow morning at 9:30.

We've had a lot of inquiries over the last few weeks as to when it will be arriving so I imagine it won't last long. Our rogue case of Corne du Diable that came in a few weeks ago only lasted a couple days, it's good to see so much interest around such a well-deserving beer.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Yankee Jim wrote:
We've had a lot of inquiries over the last few weeks as to when it will be arriving so I imagine it won't last long.
Fair warning - although the usual BT buyer pattern is a mad hoarding panic, and then lots more stock shows up anyway - just saying!
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:
Yankee Jim wrote:
We've had a lot of inquiries over the last few weeks as to when it will be arriving so I imagine it won't last long.
Fair warning - although the usual BT buyer pattern is a mad hoarding panic, and then lots more stock shows up anyway - just saying!

Funny. There are only a few hoarding assholes around here, so stuff usually sticks around a bit. London represent!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

SteelbackGuy wrote:

Funny. There are only a few hoarding assholes around here, so stuff usually sticks around a bit. London represent!
Speaking of London, I stopped in at the store by Maisonville on Friday to check if any had arrived but they were in the process of unloading what looked like a major order.

I did pick up:

Blanche De Chambly
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
MILL STREET SCHLEIMHAMMER ROGGENBIER

When the DDC stuff comes in I know where I will be going.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Ukie wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:

Speaking of London, I stopped in at the store by Maisonville on Friday to check if any had arrived but they were in the process of unloading what looked like a major order.

I did pick up:

Blanche De Chambly
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
MILL STREET SCHLEIMHAMMER ROGGENBIER

When the DDC stuff comes in I know where I will be going.

So is it the masonville store that has been earmarked as the one having the feature?

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

For those who don't follow HMH on Twitter, here are several tweets from yesterday afternoon (so references to "tomorrow" mean today)...
Ok.. Corne Du Diable, Route Des Epices, Derniere Volonte, Blanche du Paradis and Rosee D'Hibiscus @ Summerhill LCBO tomorrow!!!

Blanche Du Paradis,Route Des Epices available at Yonge& Eglinton LCBO....Corne Du Diable and Volonte on Monday!

Join @hmhnegotiants at the Summerhill LCBO tomorrow afternoon at 1:00pm kicking off the #ddcfeature

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

SteelbackGuy wrote:
So is it the masonville store that has been earmarked as the one having the feature?
The site and the guy at the store figured they were getting them but I see The Route Des Epices is in at the store in Kitchener although only 2 Waterloo stores were on the list and none in Kitchener.