Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Autumn Ales 2010

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

The Yonge and Eg LCBO got 5 cases of Orval today, 3 Cases La Chouffe and a ton of Chimay gift packs

aser

Post by aser »

Belgian wrote:
aser wrote:They seem to have quietly raised the price of Orval to $3.60
Less than a three per cent hike over the 2008 price. Less than inflation! Orval can be WAY more expensive in the States.

It'll get here, so jump on it and buy cases, or else order some cases (less worry about running out a month later.)
I know, I've bought them for $6 a pop many a times in the States. Just found it weird they decided to raise the price 2 weeks after its release.

I bike, so stocking up is more difficult. Last time I bought 6, should've gotten more.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

aser wrote:Just found it weird they decided to raise the price 2 weeks after its release.

I bike, so stocking up is more difficult. Last time I bought 6, should've gotten more.
Bike trailer?

I think all LC prices are subject to change, even days after they start selling them - usual for them. Seasonals don't seem very organized.
In Beerum Veritas

Ukie
Bar Fly

Post by Ukie »

Belgian wrote:
aser wrote:Just found it weird they decided to raise the price 2 weeks after its release.

Bike trailer?

I think all LC prices are subject to change, even days after they start selling them - usual for them. Seasonals don't seem very organized.
The worst is when something is delisted at one store and is on sale and not at another. There was a tequila that was on sale about $10 off right after their promotion at only 1 store. Good job I didn't buy it at full price cause I thought about it. I did pick up a Kahlua that had $5 knocked off this week.

But I have seen beer prices +/- .10 cents after checking online.

BooBoo

Post by BooBoo »

Orval has finally hit the shelves of my local LCBO!

Picked up 16, two for now, four for my tasting in January and 10 to put in the cellar for a while. Will likely pick up some more if it's still there in a couple of days.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. "

-Ernest Hemingway

carguy

Post by carguy »

In Belgium when I was there in September, Orval was selling for $2.50 euro. If you do the exchange, that is $3.37 CDN, so if the LCBO is charging $3.60 CDN, it isn't that far out of line.