Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

BogFather

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

JK wrote:Have the day off tomorrow, so off to Beau's and some Bog Father it is. Not a bad drive from Belleville, just really boring. Make the loop to Cornwall than up to the 417 over to Van KleeK, double back to Ottawa, over to Marche Jovie, La Trappe du Frommage for some good stuff then over to Carp for the Chesire Cat for lunch. Then take 7 back to 35 and you got a pleasant beer day.
Advice: skip Jovi and Trappe, just head to Broue-Ha-Ha instead. Better selection, cheaper prices.

Might still have some Charlevoix Brut also if you ask Gilles.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

According to a tweet from Jen at Beau's, their next beer is WinterBrewed, a collaboration with Bridgehead Coffee.

Queef

Post by Queef »

Cass wrote:According to a tweet from Jen at Beau's, their next beer is WinterBrewed, a collaboration with Bridgehead Coffee.
I wonder if that's with the 'American Style Amber' mentioned on a previous tweet?
it's beer o'clock.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Queef wrote:
Cass wrote:According to a tweet from Jen at Beau's, their next beer is WinterBrewed, a collaboration with Bridgehead Coffee.
I wonder if that's with the 'American Style Amber' mentioned on a previous tweet?
Hopefully not, since I haven't had many ambers that would stand up well to a coffee infusion, but who knows.

LondonBeer

Post by LondonBeer »

Picked up four bottles of bogfather on friday. Didn't get directions before i left so the lady working looked at me funny when i said the town was bigger than i thought and had to drive around to find the place. On a side note, even if you don't like all their beers they do really well with branding. The brewery logo has mass appeal and the labels on the bottle are designed well also.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

The labels/bottles look pretty awesome. Question - Are they individually numbered or do they all say 0008 for #8 in the series?

JK

Post by JK »

JerCraigs wrote:The labels/bottles look pretty awesome. Question - Are they individually numbered or do they all say 0008 for #8 in the series?
They are all individually numbered. We got bottle 69 as the lowest and a bottle in the 200's. They were all sitting together in a random order in the fridge at Beau's.