Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring 2011 Specialty Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Jesse, that has letter to HQ written all over it.. WTF?

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

JesseMcG wrote:Well I just had yet another typical LCBO experience.

I popped into the Market LCBO to pick up a few Gemini, and I asked an employee about it, and immediately she snaps at me "we don't have it!". All the while with a silly grin on her face. I politely mentioned to her that the online inventory was showing 24 bottles, and that it's a new release just hitting the shelves, so it's likely in the back.

She just laughed at me, and disappeared to the front of the store. A minute or so later another woman emerged from the front of the store. I've dealt with this woman (just earlier this week when I picked up some Panil). She's quite rude, BUT at least asks questions, goes in the back to search, AND comes up with results. She was super terse about the entire situation, but I ended up with the beer.

I went back to the first woman, and said "you really DO hate when people ask for something not on the shelves don't you??", and she looked at me with the same stupid grin and she just laughed at me.

Wow, one could understand if she were having a bad day (lots of requests, boss being demanding etc.) she could have short changed you. But since she was smiling and enjoying herself, she is definitely taking her job and its role for granted. If you had the time you should have spoken with the manager or taken her name and wrote a complaint to HQ. Good thing you spoke to the second employee. That's what I always do if the first one is clueless and gives me some stock response.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Way to go LCBO!!!! They seem to have forgotten again that there are actually people living north of Barrie!!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

robinvboyer wrote:Way to go LCBO!!!! They seem to have forgotten again that there are actually people living north of Barrie!!
Nobody "lives" north of Barrie, ekes out a meagre existenceis more like it :)
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

The guys making $300,00 a year working in the mines in Sudbury and Timmins would argue that. Haha :)

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

robinvboyer wrote:The guys making $300,00 a year working in the mines in Sudbury and Timmins would argue that. Haha :)
Yeah, I joke cuz I grew up an hour from anywhere
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

Im jokin too, cause i lived in toronto for 10 years. And i know many people who think its all igloos up here! Haha i think you guys got more snow than us this year. :)

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Got most of you beat - of course Thunder Bay's LCBO starts carrying decent stuff years after I leave.

A
Bar Fly

Post by A »

Anyone know the ETA on the Hitachino White Nest?

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

A wrote:Anyone know the ETA on the Hitachino White Nest?

I heard it just fledged...........
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

icemachine wrote:
robinvboyer wrote:Way to go LCBO!!!! They seem to have forgotten again that there are actually people living north of Barrie!!
Nobody "lives" north of Barrie, ekes out a meagre existenceis more like it :)
Hey now, it's only half meagre. Feel free to come join the party anytime... no one else up here appreciates my cellar.
"You wanna talk some jive? I'll talk some jive. I'll talk some jive like you've never heard!"

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

robinvboyer wrote:The guys making $300,00 a year working in the mines in Sudbury and Timmins would argue that. Haha :)
Do they just move the comma in the paycheck so it looks like way more money?
In Beerum Veritas

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Lukie wrote: I popped into the Market LCBO to pick up a few Gemini, and I asked an employee about it, and immediately she snaps at me "we don't have it!". All the while with a silly grin on her face. I politely mentioned to her that the online inventory was showing 24 bottles, and that it's a new release just hitting the shelves, so it's likely in the back.

She just laughed at me, and disappeared to the front of the store...

.... I went back to the first woman, and said "you really DO hate when people ask for something not on the shelves don't you??", and she looked at me with the same stupid grin and she just laughed at me.
Lukie, the Don Capo told me I can 'take care of it.' Swimmin' wit da fishes...

Seriously I don't think real jobs should be given to major Prozac cases. ;)
In Beerum Veritas

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Belgian wrote:
Lukie wrote: I popped into the Market LCBO to pick up a few Gemini, and I asked an employee about it, and immediately she snaps at me "we don't have it!". All the while with a silly grin on her face. I politely mentioned to her that the online inventory was showing 24 bottles, and that it's a new release just hitting the shelves, so it's likely in the back.

She just laughed at me, and disappeared to the front of the store...

.... I went back to the first woman, and said "you really DO hate when people ask for something not on the shelves don't you??", and she looked at me with the same stupid grin and she just laughed at me.
Lukie, the Don Capo told me I can 'take care of it.' Swimmin' wit da fishes...

Seriously I don't think real jobs should be given to major Prozac cases. ;)

It's very easy to get misquoted on this site. :wink:

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

JerCraigs wrote:Jesse, that has letter to HQ written all over it.. WTF?
Yeah... I know, I should probably do something about it... I guess I'm just jaded now. Same old story.