Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO Spring 2011 Specialty Beer Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

kwjd wrote:Hitachino Nest White finally showed up at St Lawrence Market store today. LCBO website doesn't list it yet though.
The Hitachino is available right now at the Queens Quay LCBO. Picked up a couple bottles on the weekend. They had a whole display of it not to mention a bunch of DDC's Corne du Diable which I don't think has been on the shelf for a little while.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

TJ

Post by TJ »

Looks like the Hitachino Nest White came in at $3.85. Which is fine by me. It's a fantastic witbier, and I'm quite sure it'll be miles better than Shock Top Belgian White which seems to have quietly found its way into the LBCO:

http://lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/d ... ber=239244

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

IPA_Lover wrote: ... not to mention a bunch of DDC's Corne du Diable which I don't think has been on the shelf for a little while.
By the bottling date that was the original release. I can tell you they still taste very good (as a beer worthy of sea travel to India should be. ;) )

Summerhill has it too, sometimes.
In Beerum Veritas

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Belgian wrote:
IPA_Lover wrote: ... not to mention a bunch of DDC's Corne du Diable which I don't think has been on the shelf for a little while.
By the bottling date that was the original release. I can tell you they still taste very good (as a beer worthy of sea travel to India should be. ;) )

Summerhill has it too, sometimes.

Ahhhhh....I didn't even think to check the bottling date. What a rookie mistake!
^^^Hop-head ^^^