Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Flying Monkey's "Quint" Featuring Adil Ahmed

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Flying Monkey's "Quint" Featuring Adil Ahmed

Post by SteelbackGuy »

An 18% IIPA one off with 5 X fermentation. Kicked my ass in every way. A collaboration between my brethren at Flying Monkey's and our local brother Adil.

Well...........I'm not sure anything can top this beer guys. Not only did it have the prettiest nose I've ever experienced in a beer, it was also a delicious masterpiece that hid the alcohol well, and presented honeycomb, pineapple, peach and mango. Review coming tomorrow. Those lucky enough to get to the Gambrinus cask sampling tonight were able to try this monster of a masterpiece.

Likely the best Ontario beet that exists(ed). Sadly, its all gone........thanks to Adil, Peter, Sheri and Janet for the samples.

Len
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

This makes me very sad (I missed it) and very happy (it is possible!) at the same time!
:( :D

This would be a hit at the GR tasting in April!!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

SteelbackGuy wrote:An 18% IIPA one off with 5 X fermentation.
????

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

JerCraigs wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:An 18% IIPA one off with 5 X fermentation.
????

I don't know I think it was fermented 5 times or something like that. It was a quintuple. So an IIIIIPA??? It was 18% and all sorts of delicious.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Yeah... I don't think that's a thing... Unless they added five different yeasts?

Sounds interesting regardless.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

JerCraigs wrote:Yeah... I don't think that's a thing... Unless they added five different yeasts?

Sounds interesting regardless.
It was great, yes.
I forget how they came to the quintuple conclusion, so hopefully Peter or Adil can post here cause I don't rightly know.

There were actually 4 other one offs brewed by Adil and I will add my notes to Rb today at some point, on the ones I had.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Staged additions to keep the yeast happy to that strength?

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Derek wrote:Staged additions to keep the yeast happy to that strength?
That's sort of what I was thinking. Or ale yeast, then champagne yeast, etc.

tuqueboy
Bar Fly

Post by tuqueboy »

JerCraigs wrote:
Or Len yanking everyone's chain again.

Cale
Bar Fly

Post by Cale »

I was wondering what this was all about: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=10 ... &aid=56713

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

tuqueboy wrote:
JerCraigs wrote:
Or Len yanking everyone's chain again.

Milos

Post by Milos »

I think that FM are on the right track here. The response to all the samples was absolutely positive and Quint seemed to get a lion share of compliments :)
So many beers and so little time!!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

Milos showed me the keg of this in the cellar when i delivered some pils on St Paddys day.

i was tempted to fake a flat tire and stay in london, now i wish i did :(

peterchiodo

Post by peterchiodo »

It was an awesome party. As always, Milos was a great host! Three of the four Everest experiments were released. One was censored.

Derek, you are partially correct.... although we prefer use the term "pulse fermentation." There was also another brewing trick used that was more for the texture.