Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Thornbridge Jaipur IPA, this is one of the better english ipa's ive had so I'm glad to see this is coming

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

PeenSteen wrote:Thornbridge Jaipur IPA
I've heard many good things about this beer. Fantastic!

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

PeenSteen wrote:Thornbridge Jaipur IPA, this is one of the better english ipa's ive had so I'm glad to see this is coming
Had that at Mondial. Pure quality, and a good sign that there might be even more Thornbridge releases down the line.
saintjohnswort.ca

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Thornbridge Kipling Pale Ale
Shipyard Smashed Blueberry

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

PeenSteen wrote: Thornbridge Jaipur IPA
Thornbridge Kipling Pale Ale
Looking forward to these. Both ranked as top examples of their styles on BA.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

From Keep6 on Twitter:

"Don't worry Ontario..we got some @MicroBrasserie Charlevoix Lupulus coming this spring to the LCBO!"

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

andrewrg wrote:From Keep6 on Twitter:

"Don't worry Ontario..we got some @MicroBrasserie Charlevoix Lupulus coming this spring to the LCBO!"
Great beer! Sure to be costly, though. It was $18 last time I got some in Quebec.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Kel Varnsen
Bar Fly

Post by Kel Varnsen »

That's cool to see more Chrlevoix beers coming to Ontario. Too bad the Vache Folle line, which of the three or four I have had and were all awesome would probably never be allowed in the LCBO. I mean look at the label:

andrewrg
Bar Fly

Post by andrewrg »

6% alcohol! Think of the children!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Wow! That is a spectacular beer. Those who haven't had it are going to love it!

tyler90

Post by tyler90 »

The_Jester wrote:

Great beer! Sure to be costly, though. It was $18 last time I got some in Quebec.
Where did you pay 18 for Lupulus? Fresh, I paid 15, but it's been on sale in gatineau for as low as 8!

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Definitely a great beer, curious to see how it would age, especially since the hops make this a really unique, complex offering. So great fresh!

$18 is definitely on the high end, I imagine though we see it around the $15 mark which is not that much cheaper.

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

Right now Lupulus is at about 12.99.

Picked up some Aramis DIPA from them today.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

ritzkiss wrote:

Definitely a great beer, curious to see how it would age, especially since the hops make this a really unique, complex offering. So great fresh!

$18 is definitely on the high end, I imagine though we see it around the $15 mark which is not that much cheaper.
I recently had a Lupulus bottle that was about a year old...not terrible, of course, but I think it's so much better fresh.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

austin

Post by austin »

Lupulus is a good one. Those living close to the Que. border are lucky. Looking forward to its arrival.