Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Boston Bruins Bar Tab

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Boston Bruins Bar Tab

Post by phirleh »

If you were going to spend 156K on alcohol, would 126 Bud lights be found among the purchases?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/bruins/p ... -of-bubbly
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

The cup should be revoked.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Not even slightly surprising.

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

SteelbackGuy wrote:The cup should be revoked.
Why?

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Streets

Post by Streets »

It might be the best marketing in the history of wine. The story of how a rap mogul transformed a $50 champagne into the next Cristal—and received millions for doing so.
Armand de Brignac tends to score in the low nineties on the industry-standard 100-point wine rating scale, which places it on par with wines that sell for $50 or less. Yet Armand de Brignac has sold 100 percent of every annual release. “Everybody should take a lesson who wants to sell wine that sucks,” Fass says. “Because it is probably the most bril­liant marketing in the history of wine.”
http://hyuninc.com/post/4030902219/bann ... es-article

Philip1

Post by Philip1 »

So not one Bruin had a SA Boston Lager or Ale.

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Malcolm wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:The cup should be revoked.
Why?
Cause they ordered too many douche products. But I guess I'll let it slide since they are not the Laffs.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Philip1 wrote:So not one Bruin had a SA Boston Lager or Ale.
Well let's face it, a lot of the Bruins are Canadian born, so they're just products of what our Beer Store made them.

And the Laffs? They probably ran up tabs like this during the Domi years, after beating a team they'd lose to for the rest of the season.

bartle

Post by bartle »

I know this is a forum of beer geeks... but none of you have ever drank a "shitty" macro beer before in celebration of something because it was there? You really think the bar, club / hall/ whatever had every beer in the world?

Champagne... dude(s)... just celebrate.

haters gonna hate.

I don't see anyone hating Bach. I don't listen to it, I don't personally like it, but I don't disrespect it.http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/connoisseur.png
enjoi

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

bartle wrote:I know this is a forum of beer geeks... but none of you have ever drank a "shitty" macro beer before in celebration of something because it was there?
No, I really haven't. If the beer is bad there's always gin and tonic.

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

bartle wrote:I know this is a forum of beer geeks... but none of you have ever drank a "shitty" macro beer before in celebration of something because it was there? You really think the bar, club / hall/ whatever had every beer in the world?

haters gonna hate.

I don't see anyone hating Bach. I don't listen to it, I don't personally like it, but I don't disrespect it.http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/connoisseur.png
The champagne I can understand, it's a celebration of an occasion few people can ever accomplish. They do have some decent draft there, Arrogant Bastard, Dead Guy, Sam Adams Seasonal, Longtrail, but their bottle selection is bud, heinekin, michelob, corona and Sam Adams. I don't think it makes their celebration any less rewarding but I find a fascinating (but not unexpected) juxtaposition between an uber-highend champagne and bottles of macro.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

We all know the champagne was bought because of how much it cost, not what it tastes like.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

bartle wrote:I know this is a forum of beer geeks... but none of you have ever drank a "shitty" macro beer before in celebration of something because it was there? You really think the bar, club / hall/ whatever had every beer in the world?

I have to agree with this.

I find it funny that at a $150000+ bar tab, we're criticizing the 120 or so bottles of bud light. They were having a good time. When I'm having a good time with the intent of "having a really good time" I'll drink whatevers around, be it overpriced adjunct-laden swill, or $100000 champagne.

While I find that bill absolutely ridiculous, I can't blame them.

On a side note, the Bruins out did Mark Cuban and the Mavs. I don't remember all of the details, but he bought a $90000 bottle of the Ace of Spades champagne. However he also paid for the parade.

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Kish84 wrote:I don't remember all of the details, but he bought a $90000 bottle of the Ace of Spades champagne.
(But also Re: this whole discussion.)

As true as youth is wasted on the young, wealth is wasted on those with no taste. I see it all the time where I work...