Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Gas and Growlers in Buffalo

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

electroluminescent

Gas and Growlers in Buffalo

Post by electroluminescent »

Hey y'all it's been a while so if this came up elsewhere my apologies.. Anybody picked one of these up yet?

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/article489390.ece

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

That was an interesting read. I found this paragraph to be somewhat confusing and laughable:

"What makes Buffalo unique is its proximity to Canada. Having access to Labatt and Molson acts as a launching pad for people to consider other kinds of imports and microbrews," said Neil Kavanaugh, president and chief executive officer of Consumers Beverages."

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

I can only dream of the day I pull into Petro-Can and get a growler of Smashbomb. Its so unfair, why does Buffalo have to mock us?
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

that is awesome.

dmits

Post by dmits »

was in buffalo today for a 4 mile race. Enjoyed a post race arrogant bastard growler purchased when i filled up... I almost cried when I walked into the gas station and saw beer taps.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Gas and growlers in Buffalo = the epitome of civilized alcohol laws?

Like one of the previous posters mentioned, they really are just flaunting it in our faces, and I love how the corporate dude actually admitted outright that the city's beer stores draw a significant amount of support from Canadian beer drinkers. I will definitely be checking this out next time I head to Buffalo.