Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Parkdale Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

JasonTremblay wrote:Maybe dude's going for a much higher concept than I am.

Between November or so and now, I've bought a couple fermenters (inside Junction Craft), brewed a few batches of beer, sold some kegs to local bars, filled a bunch of growlers and glasses at Junction, and had a logo designed (just signed off on labels a few minutes ago).

Still lots more work to do (I want my own place so I can properly unleash the funk), but it's at least a start.

Jason

-- and I got my Twitter followers the old-fashioned way: the occasional, lame pun; some beer geekery; some judicious follows; and generally avoiding threats of legal repercussions against the people who, otherwise, would be clients.
Yes, but do you have an anti-troll plan in place? This seems to be very important part of any new brewery being developed; perhaps you could set up some fake events to get rid of them.

The thing that bothers me about this dude(Parkdale Joe or whatever his name is), in addition to his terrible taste in horses, is that there is no real evidence of any brewery, beer, etc, and it seems like he is trying to push a fake product, that never has or will exist. When he is asked about it, instead of responding with any factual information, he flips off into crazy land with baseless legal threats and crazy rants.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Weebay wrote:
JasonTremblay wrote:Maybe dude's going for a much higher concept than I am.

Between November or so and now, I've bought a couple fermenters (inside Junction Craft), brewed a few batches of beer, sold some kegs to local bars, filled a bunch of growlers and glasses at Junction, and had a logo designed (just signed off on labels a few minutes ago).

Still lots more work to do (I want my own place so I can properly unleash the funk), but it's at least a start.

Jason

-- and I got my Twitter followers the old-fashioned way: the occasional, lame pun; some beer geekery; some judicious follows; and generally avoiding threats of legal repercussions against the people who, otherwise, would be clients.
Yes, but do you have an anti-troll plan in place? This seems to be very important part of any new brewery being developed; perhaps you could set up some fake events to get rid of them.

The thing that bothers me about this dude(Parkdale Joe or whatever his name is), in addition to his terrible taste in horses, is that there is no real evidence of any brewery, beer, etc, and it seems like he is trying to push a fake product, that never has or will exist. When he is asked about it, instead of responding with any factual information, he flips off into crazy land with baseless legal threats and crazy rants.
If only he would come here and post his garbage directly on BT.

The real victim here is the horse.

JasonTremblay

Post by JasonTremblay »

Weebay wrote:Yes, but do you have an anti-troll plan in place? This seems to be very important part of any new brewery being developed; perhaps you could set up some fake events to get rid of them.
Do hops work to ward off trolls?

Jason

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Lord Dufferin Lager is coming any day now!

https://www.facebook.com/ParkdaleBrewery?fref=pb

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Comment just posted on the FB page with regards to the blow up about BT:

"Hey, thanks for the links to the debate on Bartowel. I never knew such a site existed where they talk about real, readily available beer. Cheers for a good deed"

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Can you post the link? Can't find that FB post. Thx.
Torontoblue wrote:Comment just posted on the FB page with regards to the blow up about BT:

"Hey, thanks for the links to the debate on Bartowel. I never knew such a site existed where they talk about real, readily available beer. Cheers for a good deed"

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Torontoblue wrote:Here you go, www.facebook.com/JasonParkdale?fref=ts
Thanks. The true believer (or fake) followers actually think he has a brewery...with real beer.

One "follower" wrote this: " to all the disbelievers, I have had many a nights of drunken Parkdale Pale!" Too funny.

Social media, to which he is addicted, has a ruthless side too. It will be quite something to watch Parkdale Brewery sink out of sight.

Bar Towel. Real Talk about Real Beer. 24/7.

Weebay

Post by Weebay »

JasonTremblay wrote:
Weebay wrote:Yes, but do you have an anti-troll plan in place? This seems to be very important part of any new brewery being developed; perhaps you could set up some fake events to get rid of them.
Do hops work to ward off trolls?

Jason
Doubt it, I love hops.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

zane9 wrote:
Torontoblue wrote:Here you go, www.facebook.com/JasonParkdale?fref=ts
Thanks. The true believer (or fake) followers actually think he has a brewery...with real beer.

One "follower" wrote this: " to all the disbelievers, I have had many a nights of drunken Parkdale Pale!" Too funny.

Social media, to which he is addicted, has a ruthless side too. It will be quite something to watch Parkdale Brewery sink out of sight.

Bar Towel. Real Talk about Real Beer. 24/7.
Having paid some attention to 4chan and Anonymous and just the generally applied Streisand Effect, I feel like I have to point out that it's never a good idea to try and sneak one past the internet. It just never works out.
saintjohnswort.ca

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

That was Sid!

zane9

Post by zane9 »

chris_schryer wrote:
That was Sid!
And now that comment has been deleted by Mr. Honest. I'm shocked!

chris_schryer

Post by chris_schryer »

And no doubt Sid has a threat of legal action in his inbox..... edit:typo
Last edited by chris_schryer on Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Mr. "I really do make beer" seems to have a cult following. Perhaps his first (and last) offering will be a heavily hopped Koolaid.

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Ah bugger, he's gone one better and blocked me on Facebook :-? No legal action though, so I'm a little disappointed :cry:

Oh well, I've done all I can in reporting his 'brewery' as spam as much as I could today. It's down to the rest of BT now!