Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

The McLean's must have slipped my mind. Looking forward to trying this classic cask in bottle form.
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

MacLean's has been around for years, I used to buy in Owen Sound when I delivered up there

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

spinrsx wrote:for the ottawa people, just picked up the TDD triple at the King Edward location - it's not listed in their online inventory
Picked some up myself and forced them to open another case and put it out.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

It didn't last long, inventory online now saying only 1 bottle left at that location
cfrancis wrote:
spinrsx wrote:for the ottawa people, just picked up the TDD triple at the King Edward location - it's not listed in their online inventory

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

spinrsx wrote:It didn't last long, inventory online now saying only 1 bottle left at that location
cfrancis wrote:
The online stock seems unusually inaccurate (or slow to be updated) in the case of this beer. In addition to the examples others have given of stores with stock despite not having any listed, there were a fair number of bottles at King/Spadina last night, even though the LCBO site still does not list that location as having any at all.
Ren

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Post by cfrancis »

spinrsx wrote:It didn't last long, inventory online now saying only 1 bottle left at that location
cfrancis wrote:
Must have really moved or it's wrong. Employee looked it up in her system and she had 8 cases of 12 at 5pm.

I'm going to go with wrong.

TheBeeraholic
Bar Fly

Post by TheBeeraholic »

Thought I'd post this here instead of a new thread but incase people missed it and are interested. Amsterdam is releasing another one of their Adventure Brews tomorrow.
http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2013/02 ... -olde-ale/

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

I went back today, none there.. they checked the computer and the back room

hot seller?
cfrancis wrote:
cfrancis wrote: Picked some up myself and forced them to open another case and put it out.
Must have really moved or it's wrong. Employee looked it up in her system and she had 8 cases of 12 at 5pm.

I'm going to go with wrong.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Josh's article in the Star today makes the TDD La Buteuse sound dee-lish. Going for a bit of USA-style hopping and all that.
In Beerum Veritas

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Belgian wrote:Josh's article in the Star today makes the TDD La Buteuse sound dee-lish. Going for a bit of USA-style hopping and all that.
cracked open a bottle last night.

first, perspective: how many proper tripels do we get in Ontario? Westmalle was the last one, i reckon.
now, how many Canadian tripels do we get? none.

it was really nice. alcohol heat is completely hidden. hops are there-ish, but it isn't bitter. spicing is slight and warm, almost hinting at orange.

it was a very good beer but i wouldn't stock up on 12. 3-6 for drinking this winter and next would be great. also not sure if/how it would age. i am guessing that it will lose something with time, but i may be wrong.

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Starting to trickle into stores:

HE'BREW JEWBELATION
LCBO 298307 | 650 mL bottle

Price: $ 9.15

Cheers,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Roland + Russell wrote:Starting to trickle into stores:

HE'BREW JEWBELATION
What are the odds of this hitting Ottawa? Or should I not hold my breath?

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Lots last night at Innis. Also some Tempest sitting on the shelves even though nothing showing in inventory.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Ceecee wrote:
Roland + Russell wrote:Starting to trickle into stores:

HE'BREW JEWBELATION
What are the odds of this hitting Ottawa? Or should I not hold my breath?
How many releases the last year or so have not come to Ottawa at all? Of all the beers I've sought out the last year, the only one I never got my hands on was the Deus Brut. As I recall with that one, it did pop up, I just didn't get out to get it fast enough.

We seem to get them weeks/months later, but I think we've got a decent record lately of at least having them show up. No?