Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Arrivals at LCBO & TBS

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

portwood

Post by portwood »

northyorksammy wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:02 pm anyone know when equilibrium astrophysics batch was canned. It came out in NY State in January 23.
No dates to be found anywhere on the can, but 6 months old sounds about right (based on tasting it)
@markhamwhisky

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Happy to read that St Bernardus Xmas Ale is getting listed again.
Hopefully it’s a sign of things to come and maybe the return of more winter warmer style beers for the holiday season

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

sofakingdrunk wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:14 pm Happy to read that St Bernardus Xmas Ale is getting listed again.
Hopefully it’s a sign of things to come and maybe the return of more winter warmer style beers for the holiday season
Very nice! I'm a sucker for holiday spice type beers, always enjoy them during the holiday times. Will pick this up for sure.

tyke66a

Post by tyke66a »

Lets hope we get Sam Smith Winter Welcome back again after a three year absence. One of the best winter beers

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Ok this year I've got to actually grab some St. Bernardus Xmas Ale. For some reason I've never had that one, despite loving and buying all their other stuff. And agreed on the winter spiced beers in general, I've still got a bottle of Gouden Carolus Christmas that I've been saving in case it doesn't come back this year.

Murphy*

Post by Murphy* »

I was able to buy Fullers Vintage 2023 this past weekend at the LCBO on Innes in Ottawa.

Also I spotted this on the LCBO website, a possible Christmas pack?

https://www.lcbo.com/en/westmalle-gift- ... lass-34145

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Is the Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van de Keizer ever coming back? Really do miss that beer.

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

The latest Unibroue mix pack at TBS has gone from bottles to cans and has 3 each of Eau Benite, TP, LFDM and Maudite.
That's the way she goes. Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn't. She didn't go. That's the way she goes.

skaghevn

Post by skaghevn »

dale cannon wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:31 pm The latest Unibroue mix pack at TBS has gone from bottles to cans and has 3 each of Eau Benite, TP, LFDM and Maudite.
The coming gift pack won't be terribly different -- LFDM, Maudite, Saison Libre, and Blanche de Chambly (plus a BdC glass). The cans will be bigger in this one, and I don't think the Saison Libre has floated in Ontario before.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

walz22 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:57 pm Is the Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van de Keizer ever coming back? Really do miss that beer.

I hope so as well. I just drank my only remaining bottle(2017) on the weekend.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Murphy* wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:06 pm I was able to buy Fullers Vintage 2023 this past weekend at the LCBO on Innes in Ottawa.

Wow that’s very early for the vintage. Earliest I remeber seeing any of the holiday stuff is a week or two before Halloween.

anthony9

Post by anthony9 »

I could be mistaken, but those Fullers's Vintage Ales have really jumped in price. Not sure it's related to Sapporo or not.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Murphy* wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:06 pm I was able to buy Fullers Vintage 2023 this past weekend at the LCBO on Innes in Ottawa.

Nice! I've been wanting a Westmalle glass for quite some time, I need to boost my Trappist glassware collection. Based on the description, this is probably it: https://merchantduvin.com/the-beers/wes ... -gift-box/

Andicus
Bar Fly

Post by Andicus »

Yeah, I've wanted a Westmalle glass, as well.

Definitely in for this gift pack!

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Made a random LCBO stop today and I was pleasantly surprised to see a St Ambroise barrel aged imperial Porter.
I’ve always been a fan of their RIS, but havn't seen it for a while.
Last edited by sofakingdrunk on Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.