Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Spring Craft Seasonal Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Hawks28

Post by Hawks28 »

picked up a bottle of Bridge Burner in Pickering today. Also saw Jaipur there.

uno99

Post by uno99 »

Im surprised no one has mentioned abbaye des rocs grand cru. This is a fantastic Belgian brown, and I used to order it all the time when they had it at BeerBistro. It was easily the best beer in the bar for under $10. I'm definitely going to be stocking up on some at that price.
@Wongafootball

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

uno99 wrote:Im surprised no one has mentioned abbaye des rocs grand cru. This is a fantastic Belgian brown...
Many on ratebeer think so too, 100th percentile.

I personally agree ADRGCt is a more-than-good beer.
In Beerum Veritas

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

uno99 wrote:Im surprised no one has mentioned abbaye des rocs grand cru. This is a fantastic Belgian brown, and I used to order it all the time when they had it at BeerBistro. It was easily the best beer in the bar for under $10. I'm definitely going to be stocking up on some at that price.
Yeah, and STFU about it until we all get some! :wink:

Droogy

Post by Droogy »

Picked up a Bridge Burner in Milton today. Any comments on this one?

Lukie

Post by Lukie »

Droogy wrote:Picked up a Bridge Burner in Milton today. Any comments on this one?
I liked it. Bottled a little over a month ago. Good fresh piney hops, a tinge of coffee and a very crisp clean finish. Similar to a black ipa, minus the creaminess and roasted malts. Nothing ground shaking but interesting and worth a try.

zombi69

Post by zombi69 »

I was able to grab some Bridge Burner, Patricks, Amsterdam's Spring Bock! I grabbed some Jaipur as well but noticed that the best before was July 2012?? Still good? Anyone else notice this?

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

zombi69 wrote:I was able to grab some Bridge Burner, Patricks, Amsterdam's Spring Bock! I grabbed some Jaipur as well but noticed that the best before was July 2012?? Still good? Anyone else notice this?
I picked up a bottle of the Jaipur today and the BB is Nov 28, 2013. I would return the July 2012 for sure.
Ren

Number8

Post by Number8 »

zombi69 wrote:I was able to grab some Bridge Burner, Patricks, Amsterdam's Spring Bock! I grabbed some Jaipur as well but noticed that the best before was July 2012?? Still good? Anyone else notice this?
Yep. Just came back from a store that had 4 bottles with the expiry date of July 24, 2012 and heavy sediment. Do not want.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

zombi69 wrote:I grabbed some (Thornbridge Jaipur IPA) as well but noticed that the best before was July 2012?? Still good?
It's a ghost. Would also be nice to see the Thornbridge Kipling APA again as well, those south pacific grown Nelson Saivin hops put it a notch above IMHO. Good brewery!
In Beerum Veritas

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

The new batch is best before November 2013. It's way fresher than last year's shipment (which was 2-3 months from expiry when it arrived) and almost tastes like a different beer. Much drier and more tropical with a big red grapefruit character, as compared to the lemony, soapy, and grassy notes I got from the 2012 bottles.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Man, I have to get caught up on some of this stuff. Haven`t been to an LCBO other than my own in some time, and we have about 4 craft beers......guess that is a combination of lazy and the fact that I literally live a block from the judge and the ship!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Belgian wrote:
zombi69 wrote:I grabbed some (Thornbridge Jaipur IPA) as well but noticed that the best before was July 2012?? Still good?
It's a ghost. Would also be nice to see the Thornbridge Kipling APA again as well, those south pacific grown Nelson Saivin hops put it a notch above IMHO. Good brewery!
It's coming back

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

SteelbackGuy wrote:Man, I have to get caught up on some of this stuff. Haven`t been to an LCBO other than my own in some time, and we have about 4 craft beers......guess that is a combination of lazy and the fact that I literally live a block from the judge and the ship!
LAZY COMMIE!!! :lol:
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Picked up a Bridge Burner in Milton today. Any comments on this one?
Absolutely love it.