Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

LCBO 2013 Spring Craft Seasonal Release

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Wonkanator

Post by Wonkanator »

zombi69 wrote:I was able to grab some Bridge Burner, Patricks, Amsterdam's Spring Bock! I grabbed some Jaipur as well but noticed that the best before was July 2012?? Still good? Anyone else notice this?
I drank one of the July 2012 best before bottles since the LCBO didn't give me a receipt on the purchase. Haven't tried Jaipur fresh so I cant compare but it was still delicious a year after BB. Lots of sediment in mine too but it didn't bother me.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

you can exchange items at the lcbo without a receipt
Wonkanator wrote:
zombi69 wrote:I was able to grab some Bridge Burner, Patricks, Amsterdam's Spring Bock! I grabbed some Jaipur as well but noticed that the best before was July 2012?? Still good? Anyone else notice this?
I drank one of the July 2012 best before bottles since the LCBO didn't give me a receipt on the purchase. Haven't tried Jaipur fresh so I cant compare but it was still delicious a year after BB. Lots of sediment in mine too but it didn't bother me.

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Gouden Carolus Tripel in stock

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

sprague11 wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Man, I have to get caught up on some of this stuff. Haven`t been to an LCBO other than my own in some time, and we have about 4 craft beers......guess that is a combination of lazy and the fact that I literally live a block from the judge and the ship!
LAZY COMMIE!!! :lol:
Real commies don't cop to being lazy, they're more shifty and try to look constantly occupied, or hide out back near the shipping dock.

Len is no commie, he is our friend. :)
In Beerum Veritas

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

Abbaye des Rocs Grand Cru showing stock

mixedup

Post by mixedup »

spinrsx wrote:Abbaye des Rocs Grand Cru showing stock
2 bottles at Spadina & Dupont??!!! Hopefully it'll show additional stock by the end of the week.

Not sure if anyone mentioned yet, but the Founders CIPA is showing stock (still not 'widely available', but slightly more than the Grand Cru).

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

For the Ottawa crowd - lots of Panil at Bank & Walkley (Ottawa lots not Toronto lots, like about 25).

Edit: Checking the site, there isn't a whole lot of this anywhere...glad I got some.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

There is a bazillion-product display shelf set up at Yonge-Eglinton, only one beer is there so far but it's a sign of progress for Dupont and Kuhnhenn and others.
In Beerum Veritas

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Belgian wrote:There is a bazillion-product display shelf set up at Yonge-Eglinton, only one beer is there so far but it's a sign of progress for Dupont and Kuhnhenn and others.
I put those there this way my co workers know where they go and can't say there wasn't a spot

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

mixedup wrote:
spinrsx wrote:Abbaye des Rocs Grand Cru showing stock
2 bottles at Spadina & Dupont??!!! Hopefully it'll show additional stock by the end of the week.

Not sure if anyone mentioned yet, but the Founders CIPA is showing stock (still not 'widely available', but slightly more than the Grand Cru).
Quite a lot of the Grand Cru at King and Spadina today.
But the Centennial appears to have sold in a day.
Ren

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

PeenSteen wrote:
Belgian wrote:There is a bazillion-product display shelf set up at Yonge-Eglinton, only one beer is there so far but it's a sign of progress for Dupont and Kuhnhenn and others.
I put those there this way my co workers know where they go and can't say there wasn't a spot
Good one man. I hate to guess what happens otherwise...
In Beerum Veritas

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Belgian wrote:
sprague11 wrote:
SteelbackGuy wrote:Man, I have to get caught up on some of this stuff. Haven`t been to an LCBO other than my own in some time, and we have about 4 craft beers......guess that is a combination of lazy and the fact that I literally live a block from the judge and the ship!
LAZY COMMIE!!! :lol:
Real commies don't cop to being lazy, they're more shifty and try to look constantly occupied, or hide out back near the shipping dock.

Len is no commie, he is our friend. :)

I swear, I am a friend!!!!
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

Belgian wrote:
PeenSteen wrote:
Good one man. I hate to guess what happens otherwise...
It's nothing good

spinrsx
Beer Superstar

Post by spinrsx »

St Feuillien Grand Cru showing stock now

Ceecee

Post by Ceecee »

Bridge Burner discontinued. That was quick.