Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

beerbistro Grand Opening on November 10th

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

SirIsm

Post by SirIsm »

toronto.com reviewed beerbistro today...didn't like the food...much...
http://www.toronto.com/feature/12896/

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I had a small taste of the cheese fondue and I thought it was delicious. Perhaps my palate is not as refined as the reviewer's.

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

Opinions are like assholes.... I think this is a huge first step in educating those with the wherewithal on the beauty of beer in gastronomy.

borderline_alcoholic

Post by borderline_alcoholic »

That is so strange. I've been very impressed with all the food I've tried there.

Gunny

Post by Gunny »

I guess the obvious question is "How does a critic keep his/her job?" At the very least, create a buzz.

PRMason
Bar Fly

Post by PRMason »

Our Sgt. Majors IPA seems to be selling very well at the Beerbistro. To all of you that order it there (and anywhere else for that matter)...thanks.
To Brian, Stephen, Renée, Dana and all the folks at the Beerbistro, congrats on a job extremely well done! Now, how about one in Ottawa....

DukeofYork = Richard

Post by DukeofYork = Richard »

Visited the BeerBistro today after my last exam and before my train ... Stephen, I was the guy with the orange blue jacket asking about the cask Black Oak Pale ale.

Impressions? The staff are great, and they know quite a bit about the beers ... they were even willing to pass along selection suggestions. I had some Black Oak Nutcracker - excellent, excellent ... followed by a Scotch Irish IPA, also in top form. But Perry, you better watch out for these guys at Black Oak!

Physically, I can see how it might get noisy, but it was pretty vacant when I was in there, so I couldn't tell. Very good first impression, and I hope to visit it next time I'm waiting for a train!

Steve Beaumont

Post by Steve Beaumont »

Nice meeting you, Duke, and sorry that I didn't have more time to chat. Maybe the next time you're caught between trains.

And BTW, I was delighhted to note five uniformly positive customer comments posted on toronto.com. Check them out at http://www.toronto.com/profile/217775/?cr_index=1, and to the reviewers who might be among you, thanks very much for the support.

Colin @ Canada

Post by Colin @ Canada »

Visited the BeerBistro last night for the first time since it opened and I was very impressed. Had an Achel Bruin and a piping hot
bottle of Quelque Chose that was heated perfectly. The food was great as well, started with the mushroom porter soup and also the rosemary braised lamb beerbread. Both were delicious. Hope to see you next time Stephen.

Kid Presentable

Post by Kid Presentable »

if anyone hasn't made plans for new years yet, beerbistro has a good deal going. four courses with beer pairings for $75. I don't remember exactly what's being served, but maybe if steve sees this in time he could post up the menu.

kp

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Steve or KP...

Does beerbistro take reservations? I'm planning on getting a group together to go there for my birthday in a couple of weeks, and there will probably be around a dozen people.

Steve Beaumont

Post by Steve Beaumont »

First, regarding New Year's, I don't have a copy of the menu on my computer, but believe me, it's going to be great. Anyone interested should call the restaurant at 416-861-8242 and ask for details.

As for reservations, Greg, we do take them for parties of all sizes at lunch and large groups at night. A dozen people certainly qualifies, so please give the restaurant a call and drop me a line back when you're booked. If I'm around I'd love to come down and meet you.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

On 2003-12-29 15:26, Steve Beaumont wrote:
As for reservations, Greg, we do take them for parties of all sizes at lunch and large groups at night. A dozen people certainly qualifies, so please give the restaurant a call and drop me a line back when you're booked. If I'm around I'd love to come down and meet you.
Thanks for the info, Steve. We'll be there Friday night at 7 PM. See you then, hopefully.

Steve Beaumont

Post by Steve Beaumont »

I may or may not be there, Greg, but Brian most certainly will be. I'll tell him that you're coming and please do let him know when you arrive.

SirIsm

Post by SirIsm »

There is a review in the globe and mail today:

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/Art ... query=wine