Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Jacksonville, FL

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cratez
Beer Superstar

Jacksonville, FL

Post by cratez »

Will be in Jacksonville for 4-5 days later this month visiting family who live nearby.

I put together my usual BA/RB list of beer destinations in prep for our trip and it looks like there's a number of good options.

Just wondering if there's any spots not listed that are worth hitting. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Breweries / Brewpubs:
Aardwolf Brewing Company - BA: 95 / RB: 95 / CS: 95
Intuition Ale Works - BA: 93 / RB: 93 / CS: 93
Bold City Brewery - BA: 90 / RB: 91 / CS: 91
Seven Bridges Grille & Brewery - BA: 87 / RB: 71 / CS: 79

Bars / Eateries:
Kickbacks Gastropub - BA: 97 / RB: 97 / CS: 97
Pele's Wood Fire Pizza - BA: 85 / RB: 74 / CS: 80
World of Beer - BA: 73 / RB: 80 / CS: 77
Mellow Mushroom - BA: 80 / RB: 71 / CS: 76
European Street Cafe - BA: 76 / RB: 74 / CS: 75

Stores:
Grassroots Natural Market - BA: 95 / RB: 90 / CS: 93
Beer:30 A Craft Beer Emporium - BA: 95 / RB: 77 / CS: 86
Total Wine & More - BA: 90 / RB: 69 / CS: 80
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Posted the same thread on BA & RB and was referred to a new spot called Silver Cow, which currently has Stone Old Guardian, Mikkeller Rauch Beer Geek Breakfast, Rare Vos, Old Rasputin, DFH Sah'tea, Avery The Czar, Domaine DuPage, and a shit load of local crafters on tap. Looks like this place might be as good or better than Kickbacks. Will report back with my thoughts.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

cratez wrote:Posted the same thread on BA & RB and was referred to a new spot called Silver Cow, which currently has Stone Old Guardian, Mikkeller Rauch Beer Geek Breakfast, Rare Vos, Old Rasputin, DFH Sah'tea, Avery The Czar, Domaine DuPage, and a shit load of local crafters on tap. Looks like this place might be as good or better than Kickbacks. Will report back with my thoughts.
Please do! I will be in Jacksonville in September for a wedding and would love the suggestions.
Ren

jrenihan

Post by jrenihan »

cratez wrote:Posted the same thread on BA & RB and was referred to a new spot called Silver Cow, which currently has Stone Old Guardian, Mikkeller Rauch Beer Geek Breakfast, Rare Vos, Old Rasputin, DFH Sah'tea, Avery The Czar, Domaine DuPage, and a shit load of local crafters on tap. Looks like this place might be as good or better than Kickbacks. Will report back with my thoughts.
Please do! I will be in Jacksonville in September for a wedding and would love the suggestions.
Ren

NRman
Bar Fly

Post by NRman »

Mike
If you are there on a Sunday this could be a fun chance for Ontario to show off.
http://silvercowjax.com/ai1ec_event/sun ... nce_id=556
Sunday Bottle Sharing at Silver Cow! … Every Sunday – starting at 2:00 pm.
Simply bring a bottle to share and a tasting glass.
There is no charge for attendance – but we DO ask you purchase something from one of our menus.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

NRman wrote: Mike
If you are there on a Sunday this could be a fun chance for Ontario to show off.
http://silvercowjax.com/ai1ec_event/sun ... nce_id=556
Sunday Bottle Sharing at Silver Cow!…Every Sunday – starting at 2:00 pm.
Simply bring a bottle to share and a tasting glass.
There is no charge for attendance – but we DO ask you purchase something from one of our menus.
Thanks for this Terry. I'm thinking I might bring some Thrust, Cherry Hoarder, or a Bellwoods beer.