LCBO Summer 2014 Craft Beer Release

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

instantkamera

Postby instantkamera » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:54 pm

So I just got in to my first StL Gueuze Fond Trad and noticed the cap is fairly rusty, even progressed to the inside of the "crimp" at the bottle contact points (doesn't mess with the seal at all).

The beer seems fine, but upon closer inspection, the others in my cellar have the same "issue". Anyone else notice this, or did I get unlucky?

For what it's worth, I think it's mostly superficial, but still a bit of an annoyance. I realize this bottle already has some age on it, but just curious if it's prevalent on all bottles round these parts or not.
MaltyTasker

Postby MaltyTasker » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:10 pm

instantkamera wrote: just curious if it's prevalent on all bottles round these parts or not.

Not mine... odd.
BakaGaijin

Postby BakaGaijin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:40 pm

instantkamera wrote:So I just got in to my first StL Gueuze Fond Trad and noticed the cap is fairly rusty, even progressed to the inside of the "crimp" at the bottle contact points (doesn't mess with the seal at all).

The beer seems fine, but upon closer inspection, the others in my cellar have the same "issue". Anyone else notice this, or did I get unlucky?

For what it's worth, I think it's mostly superficial, but still a bit of an annoyance. I realize this bottle already has some age on it, but just curious if it's prevalent on all bottles round these parts or not.

I bought this product from three different locations and every single bottle had this issue. Beer tasted fine though. Also noticed that each bottle has some liquid reside on it. Like the bottles overflowed when filled.

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”