Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brakeman's Session Ale

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

G.M. Gillman
Seasoned Drinker

Brakeman's Session Ale

Post by G.M. Gillman »

I've had this on draft at the brewery and now canned and am much impressed by this beer. In the can, it is roughly filtered and I found (contrary to my usual inclination) you need to pour it "all in" to give it the right body and taste. Excellent, English-style bitter, quite a bit like I recall Young's Bitter or Holt's, say, in England. Yellow gold with a firm lemony Goldings character. Tops all the way.

Gary
Gary Gillman

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

quite a nice glass of English bitter. junction does English styles quite well

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

^^^^^Agreed, really enjoy this. I almost feel like i'm back in an English pub drinking this. A new regular buy for me.

Beer'n'gin

Post by Beer'n'gin »

sofakingdrunk wrote:^^^^^Agreed, really enjoy this. I almost feel like i'm back in an English pub drinking this. A new regular buy for me.
I drank my first last night and feel like this will be a regular purchase as well.