Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Debate: is Ontario's beer scene really bland?

Discuss beer or anything else that comes to mind in here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

midlife crisis wrote:
Craig wrote:Yeah, I usually settle for a Creemore. Sometimes you see that Hops N Bolts IPL thing.
Yes, exactly. This is the main reason I wish they would each have at least one good beer. Labatt is even worse. How many times have you been confronted with the Stella-Keith's-Bud dilemma? Happens a lot at golf courses.
I always pray for a Shock Top in those places. I was kinda hoping there might be a future for Sophie in that space, but I guess that's a pipe dream.

It's always bad at golf courses, concert venues, sporting events and the like. Pretty much anywhere where just going somewhere else for a beer isn't an option.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Craig wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:
Craig wrote:Yeah, I usually settle for a Creemore. Sometimes you see that Hops N Bolts IPL thing.
Yes, exactly. This is the main reason I wish they would each have at least one good beer. Labatt is even worse. How many times have you been confronted with the Stella-Keith's-Bud dilemma? Happens a lot at golf courses.
I always pray for a Shock Top in those places. I was kinda hoping there might be a future for Sophie in that space, but I guess that's a pipe dream.
Goose Island Honker's Ale seems to be starting to file into the slot, but I've probably only been to one place with any of those other beers on tap in the last two years, so I live a sheltered life.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Craig wrote:
midlife crisis wrote:

It's always bad at golf courses, concert venues, sporting events and the like. Pretty much anywhere where just going somewhere else for a beer isn't an option.
TURF at Garrison Point and The Summer Nationals at Echo Beach both offered Creemore lager and Molson Old Style . Sadly Riot Fest at Downsview only had Bud & Bud Light for sale. On the bright side I kept more money in my wallet
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

midlife crisis wrote:I'm also always amused by business writers who seem to assume big beer and craft beer are more or less interchangeable, and that we drink craft out of some desire to embrace a hipster locovore mentality, to feel better about our consumer choices, etc.
Of course, clueless douchebags say that.

Same weenies probably buy wines according to Robert Parker Jr. & could not tell apart a Grenache from a Pinot Noir.
In Beerum Veritas