Voting for the 2017 Golden Tap Awards is now open, and you should vote now. The Golden Tap Awards, now in their fifteenth year, are Ontario’s most democratic beer awards event, as all winners are determined by the drinkers and beer fans in the province.
You can vote in as many of the following categories as you wish:
- Best craft brewery in Ontario
- Best bar in Ontario for draught beer selection
- Best bar in Ontario for bottled and/or canned beer selection
- Best brewpub or tied house in Ontario
- Best regularly-produced craft beer in Ontario
- Best seasonal, limited release or specialty craft beer in Ontario
- Best craft cidery in Ontario
- Design Award: For the best packaging design, label artwork and branding in Ontario
- Innovation Award: For pushing the boundaries of craft brewing the furthest in Ontario
- Newcomer Award (Bar): For the best craft beer bar or restaurant that is new to Ontario
- Newcomer Award (Brewery): For the best craft brewery or brewpub that is new to Ontario
- Event Award: For the best beer event that took place in the past year in Ontario
- Staff Award: For the best (most beer-knowledgeable, friendly) staff in Ontario
- Beer Writer Award: For the best beer writer (print, digital or other) in Ontario
- Brewmaster’s Choice: For the best beer in Ontario, as decided by the craft brewers themselves
The Golden Tap Awards voting is open until September 12, 2017, and the winners will be announced at a gala event at beerbistro on Wednesday, September 20th during Toronto Beer Week. The awards gala is free to attend and no tickets are required, and will feature an all-Ontario beer festival with breweries from across the province being featured.
We hope you vote for the Golden Tap Awards this year, and see you at the awards gala on the 20th!