Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Post your own brewpub, pub and restaurant reviews here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
sstackho
Posts: 494
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:37 pm
Location: Riverdale

Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Postby sstackho » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:56 am

User avatar
lister
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2046
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Postby lister » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:04 pm

I hope this is better executed than the Amsterdam brewpub. Yeah have some of the flagship beers on, hopefully brought in from the main facility, while the on-premises equipment should be used for experimentation (and be well stocked!) and anything that proves popular scale up for broader distribution at the Etobicoke location.
lister
User avatar
JerCraigs
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Postby JerCraigs » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:41 am

I'm excited to check it out post-pandemic.

Something I would love to see is the ability to pre-order some of the one offs / new releases etc for pick up at this location vs trekking out to Etobicoke on transit.
User avatar
Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1711
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Postby Tapsucker » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:22 pm

lister wrote:I hope this is better executed than the Amsterdam brewpub. Yeah have some of the flagship beers on, hopefully brought in from the main facility, while the on-premises equipment should be used for experimentation (and be well stocked!) and anything that proves popular scale up for broader distribution at the Etobicoke location.


Yeah, as I understand, Amsterdam contracted the kitchen out to the Gaby's people to run. I've just never been impressed with that service or food. Location, environment (when not too noisy) and the beer have been great though.

I hope they resist the urge to fill the place with screens and have loud sportscasters yelling and blabbering at everyone.

I wonder if there will be an octopus tank?
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.
User avatar
shintriad
Bar Fly
Posts: 578
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:19 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Postby shintriad » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:13 pm

This is great news. And it seems like a really well thought-out space. The area could use something like this!
User avatar
JerCraigs
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Postby JerCraigs » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:41 am

Tapsucker wrote:I wonder if there will be an octopus tank?


Keeping a live octopus in a tank is probably not cool. Painting a giant octopus mural ON a beer tank would be though!
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1747
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Postby Craig » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:23 pm

I hope they use a bunch of those coat hooks under the bar or something.
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 806
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Postby sofakingdrunk » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:52 pm

An octopus dish would be the very first thing I’d put on the food menu.
User avatar
Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1711
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Postby Tapsucker » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:06 pm

JerCraigs wrote:
Tapsucker wrote:I wonder if there will be an octopus tank?


Keeping a live octopus in a tank is probably not cool. Painting a giant octopus mural ON a beer tank would be though!


I recall being told, perhaps incorrectly, that they had an octopus at the brewery. I always imagined it sneaking out at night for samples. :D

On the other hand, it was probably just a joke about the mess of hoses on the floor. :oops:
Brands are for cattle.

Fans are cash cows.

The herd will consume until consumed.
User avatar
lister
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2046
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Postby lister » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:50 pm

Tapsucker wrote:I recall being told, perhaps incorrectly, that they had an octopus at the brewery. I always imagined it sneaking out at night for samples. :D


I wouldn't put it past them to do that. I figure at some point the octopuses, dolphins and crows will get together at some point to devise a plan to get rid of us.
lister
User avatar
lister
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2046
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Great Lakes Brewpub (Queen's Quay / Jarvis)

Postby lister » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:52 pm

JerCraigs wrote:Something I would love to see is the ability to pre-order some of the one offs / new releases etc for pick up at this location vs trekking out to Etobicoke on transit.


Yeah that would be cool too.
lister

Return to “Good Pub Reviews”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest