Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bohemian Gastropub

Discuss Ontario's brewpubs, pubs, beer bars and restaurants here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Cass
Beer Superstar

Bohemian Gastropub

Post by Cass »

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

not yet, but I'll eat anything that Paul Boehmer serves...
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

I went a couple of days after they opened (for the meal that the article linked above is based on, in fact - my wife wrote it). The food is great, as is the tap list:

Kensington Augusta Ale
Beau's Lug Tread
Denison's Weissbier
Denison's Dunkel
Krombacher Pilsner
Mill Street Cobblestone Stout
Mill Street Organic Lager
Muskoka Cream Ale
Muskoka Mad Tom
Spearhead Hawaiian Pale Ale

Pints are $6-$7, and they're also doing a Radler using Denison's Weissbier, house-made lemonade and 7-Up.

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Walked by today, papered up. Too bad.

JeffPorter
Beer Superstar

Post by JeffPorter »

Man, Boehmer can't catch a break... :cry:
"What can you say about Pabst Blue Ribbon that Dennis Hopper hasn’t screamed in the middle of an ether binge?" - Jordan St. John

TJ

Post by TJ »

zane9

Post by zane9 »

This is such a dubious marketing line:

"The comfortable atmosphere will seek to squash the intimidation factor that mainstream diners and drinkers may feel when confronted with intricate and esoteric quaffs. "

Esoteric quaffs? How about a few decent craft beers?

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

zane9 wrote:
This is such a dubious marketing line:

"The comfortable atmosphere will seek to squash the intimidation factor that mainstream diners and drinkers may feel when confronted with intricate and esoteric quaffs. "

Esoteric quaffs? How about a few decent craft beers?
That sounds like something Cyrano might call a french dandy. "Begone, thou esoteric quaff!"
saintjohnswort.ca

Steve Beaumont

Post by Steve Beaumont »

You may scoff, but trust me, Moses' "quaffs" can indeed be quite intricate, and very tasty! Incidentally, the man knows his beer, too, so don't be surprised to see some decent taps and/or bottles being stocked. I expect this to be a great improvement on the Bohemian and a welcome yin to Frankie Solarik's Barchef yang.