Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Hair of the Dog Private Order

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

grub wrote:travelling via a herd of snails? that sounds pretty fast for snails... maybe there's a pair of swallows going back and forth, one bottle at a time?
Sorry, has to be said:

African or European? :wink:

Although with less than stellar capping, I suspect many of the bottles won't make it. Perhaps a sling between the two birds then...
lister

Bobbyok
Bar Fly

Post by Bobbyok »

lister wrote:
grub wrote:travelling via a herd of snails? that sounds pretty fast for snails... maybe there's a pair of swallows going back and forth, one bottle at a time?
Sorry, has to be said:

African or European? :wink:

Although with less than stellar capping, I suspect many of the bottles won't make it. Perhaps a sling between the two birds then...
Beat me to it! :lol:

Al of Kingston

Post by Al of Kingston »

OK - got the beer in Kingston today. First thing I notice is half the caps of the Fred have obviously bled through the cardboard. The box must have been stored upside-down and the pressure on the cap released some beer. I am going to do some forensic blogging.

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

I know I'm reviving a dead thread here, but I just cracked open one of my bottles of Adam from this now five-year-old order. It was so persistently foamy that I needed to pour it into two pint glasses. Intensely rich, heady stuff, and it matured very well.

Does anyone else still have some Hair of the Dog? Some of mine went flat and had to be drain-poured, but I think I was relatively lucky.

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

2 bottles of adam left. Onna try and keep them for a loooooong time.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I think we need another HOTD private order...

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:I think we need another HOTD private order...
can we place an order with the pre-condition that they bottle them with a functional capper this time?

Blankboy

Post by Blankboy »

shintriad wrote:Does anyone else still have some Hair of the Dog? Some of mine went flat and had to be drain-poured, but I think I was relatively lucky.
Cracked one open 2 weeks ago and loved it. Another order would be a good thing indeed.
"Everything's better with monkeys!"

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

TheSevenDuffs wrote: I think we need another HOTD private order
I'd love to see this.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

Indeed!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

This private order looks like it was arranged by BTers ... not by an agent. Am I right? Can this still be done?

LarryKress

Post by LarryKress »

I still have 2 Adam, 1 Fred & 6 Doggie Claws left.
The Doggie Claws are flat but I drink them or use them in a beef stew!
I would be into a case each of Adam & Fred for sure.

Larry Kress

robinvboyer

Post by robinvboyer »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:This private order looks like it was arranged by BTers ... not by an agent. Am I right? Can this still be done?
from what i seem to recall that was the case. I remember filling out LCBO lab exemption forms. anyone know what was in charge of that private order?

LarryKress

Post by LarryKress »

Robin

Page 1 of this thread has all the info.

Larry Kress

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

shintriad wrote:I know I'm reviving a dead thread here, but I just cracked open one of my bottles of Adam from this now five-year-old order. It was so persistently foamy that I needed to pour it into two pint glasses. Intensely rich, heady stuff, and it matured very well.

Does anyone else still have some Hair of the Dog? Some of mine went flat and had to be drain-poured, but I think I was relatively lucky.
The ADAMs from Lister were all fantastic, and got one left!

Should prob drink 'er. Thanks for the PSA. You can't always be sure Whore of the Dog won't go bad on you (one must accept the idea of necessary sacrifice.)
In Beerum Veritas