Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Danes are coming...

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Some not so good news from København, followed by some better news...

Due to high demand and subsequent unavailability, this shipment will not include any Mikkels Monster or Old Odense. The LCBO will issue a refund to those (including R+R) who made a deposit for these beers.

In place of these two, we will be bringing (on Consignment) Nørrebro's VårSaison 2009 and Helene Heather. The pricing will be announced upon arrival. Those who ordered the unavailable beers will have priority for consignment.

Our apologies on behalf of the agency and brewery.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

Thanks for the update, guys. Too bad those two aren't coming, but I'm looking forward to the rest, and I the two consignment beers (especially the saison) sound intriguing.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

I was pumped for the monster, these other two would be an effort to find people to share a case

carguy

Post by carguy »

My wife's name is Helene. I'll have to get that beer!

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Has anyone heard when this is supposed to show up?

Torontoblue
Beer Superstar

Post by Torontoblue »

Hopefully R&R will post a full reply but I know some of the beers have sold out before we had our orders placed. I know for sure the La Granja Stout has been cancelled due to no stock available.

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Hmm I hope not. I tried to get a case of both of the Mikkeller beers, and they charged the deposit on my credit card. I hope that means good things to come!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

LCBO called me last week to let me know the La Granja had been cancelled. I have been completely unimpressed by the LCBO service on this account, both when caliing me to confirm deposit and when cancelling this order.

I insisted on getting a callback number that I could confirm was the LCBO because of the behavior of the LCBO CSR. They failed to properly identify themselves, give any sort of reference or tracking info for my order, and really left me feeling like they may be operating a scam.

This is not at all a grievance against R+R, they operate within the environment they must, & obviously cannot control variables at either the brewer or the LCBO.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

Roland + Russell

Good morning everyone,

This order has been delayed twice. The first time it was caused by the shortage of Mikkels Monster and Old Odense. Upon hearing this, we decided to add two new products (Helene Heather and VarSaison) through consignment which required additional paperwork (producer agreeing on a separate set of conditions). In the meantime, all of the remaining La Granja was mistakenly sold. When a product is declared unavailable, the LCBO refunds the deposit to the customer before the rest of the shipment can be moved. In this case, each and every customer who ordered the above mentioned beers had to be contacted. R+R will pay the penalty - there is a charge for canceled orders.

While we certainly try to treat all of our clients with respect and professionalism (and unintentionally fail you sometimes), we also expect all other entities and parties that are part of this rather complex chain to share this goal. Now, with all due respect to Specialty Services, its is fair to mention that the recent credit card policy change has caused a fair amount of problem and an awful lot of extra work.

Before this policy change took place, your CC info could have been added to your order form. Due to a decision that was imposed onto the LCBO, that's no longer the case. As an example, the ST order has almost thirty customers - with an exception of two or three (establishments), each customer has to be contacted by a CSR in order to obtain the CC info. The same takes place when a product is not available as the deposit is refunded via CC. We are pretty certain that all this additional work fell on the shoulders of the Specialty Services staff who have been already quite busy and are, in our experience, very friendly and customer driven. It is unlikely we will see any changes, there are so many decision makers in this whole picture that is impossible to make a policy change request to LCBO alone.

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience. We have contacted everyone affected. We too are disappointed as we ordered the unavailable beers for ourselves.
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

R+R - to clarify, are these the beers that are still coming in?

Nørrebro VårSaison 2009 (consignment)
Nørrebro Helene Heather (consignment)
Mikkeller Monk's Elixir
Mikkeller It's Alive!

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Roland + Russell wrote:
This order has been delayed twice. The first time it was caused by the shortage of Mikkels Monster and Old Odense. Upon hearing this, we decided to add two new products (Helene Heather and VarSaison) through consignment which required additional paperwork (producer agreeing on a separate set of conditions). In the meantime, all of the remaining La Granja was mistakenly sold.
Wow. Just... wow.
In Beerum Veritas

The Great Gatsby

Post by The Great Gatsby »

Any news on this order?

Roland + Russell

Yes, the Mikkeller has arrived. We are waiting for the release and hope it happens later this week or early next week.
Cheers,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Roland + Russell wrote:Yes, the Mikkeller has arrived. We are waiting for the release and hope it happens later this week or early next week.
Cheers,
Yay! Looking very forward to this. Thanks R&R!

nickelass
Bar Fly

Post by nickelass »

Anyone get their Mikkeller yet? Still waiting here in Ottawa! Either I get my order in a week and a half or it drags out for over a month.. like it seems this time.