Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

De Struise

Connect with beer lovers to make private trades, or facilitate private orders from breweries..

Moderators: Craig, Cass

hammy78

De Struise

Post by hammy78 »

So I'm kind of trolling here, but curious if R & R could put together some sort of order for us Ontarian's in the near future? Especially after that dinner a few weeks back highlighting some Double Black (I think it was DB).

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

hammy78 wrote:So I'm kind of trolling here, but curious if R & R could put together some sort of order for us Ontarian's in the near future? Especially after that dinner a few weeks back highlighting some Double Black (I think it was DB).
good luck and god bless.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

hammy78 wrote:So I'm kind of trolling here, but curious if R & R could put together some sort of order for us Ontarian's in the near future? Especially after that dinner a few weeks back highlighting some Double Black (I think it was DB).
De Struise has an online shop you can order from. Double Black has only been made twice as far as I know, so best of luck placing a private order for that.

hammy78

Post by hammy78 »

I am registered for their bottle shop, however shipping to Canada, and worse yet Ontario is a nightmare. I could land it in the States, but it ruins the idea of having a direct order and picking up at the licbo. I'm sure this has come up before, but I have constant frustration over variety in this province. It's more upsetting when I visit other provinces and see their selection.

liamt07
Bar Fly

Post by liamt07 »

hammy78 wrote:I am registered for their bottle shop, however shipping to Canada, and worse yet Ontario is a nightmare. I could land it in the States, but it ruins the idea of having a direct order and picking up at the licbo. I'm sure this has come up before, but I have constant frustration over variety in this province. It's more upsetting when I visit other provinces and see their selection.
It's only an hour and a half drive to Buffalo or two and a half hours to Michigan if you're that concerned about selection. Just sayin! You might want to look into trading and stuff also, there's some good beer in Ontario that other provinces don't get and might want, and people in other provinces have locals that they (typically) don't hesitate to give up quite easily.

Roland + Russell

Post by Roland + Russell »

Hello everyone and thanks so much for your interest in De Struise.
We are in the process of organizing an order of De Struise beers (list yet to be finalized due to constantly changing availability) that was supposed to be opened to establishments only. This is for the reason of expediting the paperwork/order and ensuring we get what we order.

Once we confirm the availability and the dynamics of the brewery's current product offering, we will know whether it is feasible to open the order to private individuals.

In any case, no pun intended, there will be more De Struise in Ontario soon.

We will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Roland + Russell
www.rolandandrussell.com
twitter.com/RolandRussell