LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

This forum is for discussing current and upcoming LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Store releases and policies.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Woolwich, ON
Contact:

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby MatttthewGeorge » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:58 pm

Lukie wrote:
jeremyg wrote:had the death valley last night with a buddy, really enjoyed it. great price.



I did not like this one. found it one dimensional and too sweet, even for a belgian ipa. It was a chore to finish that big bottle. Luckily, Gregorius was there to save the evening.


I agree it's a bit sweet as it warms. My first bottle the second half wasn't as good as I left it on the counter. I put the bottle in the fridge half way through on my 2nd, 3rd and 4th bottle. :wink:
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge
-Liam-
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby -Liam- » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:30 pm

jeremyg wrote:had the death valley last night with a buddy, really enjoyed it. great price.


Yep. Drinking it now, and enjoying it. Not mind blowing, but you really can't argue with the price.
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

the devil's oatmeal… new from Québec!

Postby Belgian » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:52 am

LTDD APOCALYPSO, $6.40, 600ml
When you shake it around you get this kinda disgusting flocculated yeast, looking like orange juice more than beer. Hoo dear… guess I'll try it anyway for six bucks. Take one for the team...
In Beerum Veritas
Ukie
Bar Fly
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: the devil's oatmeal… new from Québec!

Postby Ukie » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:15 am

Belgian wrote:LTDD APOCALYPSO, $6.40, 600ml
When you shake it around you get this kinda disgusting flocculated yeast, looking like orange juice more than beer. Hoo dear… guess I'll try it anyway for six bucks. Take one for the team...


That happens to me sometimes, I'm not paying attention and grab the "more pulp" product off the shelf.
User avatar
spinrsx
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby spinrsx » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:31 am

listed now and showing stock

PHILLIPS ELECTRIC UNICORN WHITE IPA
LCBO 407700 | 650 mL bottle
User avatar
DeMarco
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby DeMarco » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:12 am

I would be really surprised if the Apocalypso is completely gone now? Would the LC only get less than a 1000 bottles? I figured it would at least come to some other locations?
User avatar
ScienceKiller
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 9:27 am
Location: Toronto

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby ScienceKiller » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:26 pm

DeMarco wrote:I would be really surprised if the Apocalypso is completely gone now? Would the LC only get less than a 1000 bottles? I figured it would at least come to some other locations?


Seems like it has rolled out to a few more stores now.

http://lcbosearch.com/products/413419-apocalypso
User avatar
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: the devil's oatmeal… new from Québec!

Postby Belgian » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:53 pm

Ukie wrote:
Belgian wrote:LTDD APOCALYPSO, $6.40, 600ml
When you shake it around you get this kinda disgusting flocculated yeast, looking like orange juice more than beer. Hoo dear… guess I'll try it anyway for six bucks. Take one for the team...

That happens to me sometimes, I'm not paying attention and grab the "more pulp" product off the shelf.

Umm. Hey it's not bad really, sort of a wheat ale and IPA hybrid, with steely hops and a round flavor profile. I don't think it's past prime although I might only buy the one, enjoyable but hardly a home run. *tick*
In Beerum Veritas
User avatar
DeMarco
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby DeMarco » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:04 am

ScienceKiller wrote:
DeMarco wrote:I would be really surprised if the Apocalypso is completely gone now? Would the LC only get less than a 1000 bottles? I figured it would at least come to some other locations?


Seems like it has rolled out to a few more stores now.

http://lcbosearch.com/products/413419-apocalypso



I spoke too soon!
walz22
Posts: 101
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby walz22 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:22 am

La Chouffe appears to be showing stock now
Ukie
Bar Fly
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby Ukie » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:42 pm

ScienceKiller wrote:
DeMarco wrote:I would be really surprised if the Apocalypso is completely gone now? Would the LC only get less than a 1000 bottles? I figured it would at least come to some other locations?


Seems like it has rolled out to a few more stores now.

http://lcbosearch.com/products/413419-apocalypso



Anyone in Hamilton looking for this, Upper James has about 48 bottles or so.

Not listed on the LC website though.
Ukie
Bar Fly
Posts: 745
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:56 pm
Location: Hamilton

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby Ukie » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:24 am

Tank 7 was received couple weeks ago and is undergoing testing.

The 3 Stone beers have yet to arrive.
User avatar
Dennis
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 9:14 am
Location: Huntsville

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby Dennis » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:31 am

walz22 wrote:La Chouffe appears to be showing stock now


I just grabbed some from Summerhill. Wild Beer and Diable are there as well.
mahcinesquad
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: Guelph

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby mahcinesquad » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Ukie wrote:Tank 7 was received couple weeks ago and is undergoing testing.

The 3 Stone beers have yet to arrive.


ARGH! The wait is unbearable.
User avatar
cratez
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2271
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: LCBO Summer Craft Beer Release 2015

Postby cratez » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:08 am

mahcinesquad wrote:
Ukie wrote:Tank 7 was received couple weeks ago and is undergoing testing.

The 3 Stone beers have yet to arrive.


ARGH! The wait is unbearable.

As a rule the LCBO takes the most anticipated beers from a release and uses additional lab testing and "warehouse warm aging" to ensure that the product is barely drinkable by the time it hits shelves. Extra attention is given to hoppy beers and anything imported from the States. But on the plus side, Trafalgar's Mead Braggot cleared testing without a hitch and is all yours for $5.50 per 13oz bottle.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

Return to “LCBO, Beer Store and Grocery Stores”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest