Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Ontario will allow restaurants to sell takeout liquor, wine and beer

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

shintriad
Bar Fly

Post by shintriad »

Beer Diary,

Today I dropped by Good Cheese at Gerrard and Broadview, and grabbed a pretty great haul.

Currently, they're carrying beers from some relatively hard-to-find Ontario micros. They had offerings from Matron, Burdock, Tooth and Nail, Sonnen Hill, Dominion City (including Sunsplit IPA), Bellwoods (including Guava Jelly King, a personal fave), and even friggin' Badlands!

For the latter, it's just their basic canned IPA, but I've never seen their stuff anywhere else in this one-horse town. So I daresay they have the best takeaway selection I've seen in T.O., plus some fine cheeses (duh), charcuterie, fancy almonds, tinned fish things and other delicacies for the discriminating epicure, like quince jam. (Note to self: find out what quinces are.)

Diary, you may be the only one who knows about this, so please keep it a secret. Also, I think I like Jenna Schnegelberger but I don't know if she likes me back and I'm too afraid to ask. :oops: