Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Coming Soon to the LCBO

This forum is for discussing everything beer retail: LCBO, Beer Store, Grocery Stores and Indie Stores.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Gedge wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last time Chimay Bleu was offered on its own a few years back as fall/winter seasonal (in the 330ml bottle)? I remember buying a case.

So maybe fall/winter for the Chimay Bleu?

Correct me if I'm wrong but when/if this releases it would make sense to grab a bunch as don't all the Chimays age well?
^^^Hop-head ^^^

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

I'm not a huge fan of the rotation either. I have a nice vertical of vintage ale going so im going to have to trade for it next year.....or go to quebec. But it will be nice to see the RIS again, I only have one left from last time.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

IPA_Lover wrote:
Gedge wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the last time Chimay Bleu was offered on its own a few years back as fall/winter seasonal (in the 330ml bottle)? I remember buying a case.

So maybe fall/winter for the Chimay Bleu?

Correct me if I'm wrong but when/if this releases it would make sense to grab a bunch as don't all the Chimays age well?
yes, all except the white

The Great Gatsby

Post by The Great Gatsby »

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

yeah Mad Tom is available starting in June....I was told not to leak this info, but since the cat is out of the bag

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Ale's What Cures Ya »

Is this Mad Tom a legit American-style IPA?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

DragonOfBlood wrote:Is this Mad Tom a legit American-style IPA?
Try it and find out.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

It would appear so from the info on their facebook page. I guess we will find out soon...

For those people not on Facebook: dry hopped with Centennial and Cascade hops. 6.4% ABV. 64 IBU.

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

icemachine wrote:
Try it and find out.
I've wasted enough money on Ontario "IPA" that promises one thing and delivers something entirely different. I'll need to hear/read some ringing endorsements before buying any.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

DragonOfBlood wrote:
icemachine wrote:
Try it and find out.
I've wasted enough money on Ontario "IPA" that promises one thing and delivers something entirely different. I'll need to hear/read some ringing endorsements before buying any.
Yeah. I could be spending that $3 or $4 on something useful. Like half a haircut. Or two packs of gum.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

Ale's What Cures Ya
Seasoned Drinker

The_Jester wrote:
DragonOfBlood wrote:
icemachine wrote: Try it and find out.
Yeah. I could be spending that $3 or $4 on something useful. Like half a haircut. Or two packs of gum.
And where, pray tell, does one find this product for $3?

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Are we assuming that Mad Tom = Cabin Fever #1 or do we know this for a fact?

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

TheSevenDuffs wrote:
Are we assuming that Mad Tom = Cabin Fever #1 or do we know this for a fact?
There were at least two beers out there listed as Cabin Fever #1. The batch I had at Dakota Tavern, and the batch they have had at Volo, Cest What and elsewhere.

My understanding is that they were the same base beer, with the hop ratios (Centennial and Sorachi I believe) varied. I found that they tasted quite different to my palate so I am curious to see what the bottles taste like. How closely the bottles match the Cabin Fever, and whether or not they should count as the same beer for RB/BA purposes, you'd have to talk to someone at Muskoka.

kinguy

Post by kinguy »

DragonOfBlood wrote:
The_Jester wrote:
DragonOfBlood wrote: I've wasted enough money on Ontario "IPA" that promises one thing and delivers something entirely different. I'll need to hear/read some ringing endorsements before buying any.
And where, pray tell, does one find this product for $3?
...or an $8 haircut.