Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Who Cried to Mommy about Beau's?

Discuss beer travel and regional information, including the best bars and places to check out around in Canada and around the world, and other chat that is not specific to Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Bytowner
Seasoned Drinker

Who Cried to Mommy about Beau's?

Post by Bytowner »

I think this deserves its own thread, mods delete it if you disagree. Read this:

Beau's delivery service, designed to help out homeless kids in the Ottawa area, has been squashed after a complaint from another brewery. Anyone have any info on who the dicks are?

EDIT: More here:
http://beausbeer.blogspot.com/2011/11/g ... -beer.html

Queef

Post by Queef »

Considering the model would only benefit small breweries in the long run, and encourage them to take such initiatives themselves, is there really any debate over who it was? It most certainly wasn't an Ontario brewery in my mind, but a certain collection of breweries from Golden Colorado, Japan, and Belgium. You know, aside from the LCBO itself, the ones with the most to lose (however miniscule) from such a scenario being allowed.
it's beer o'clock.

GregClow
Beer Superstar

Post by GregClow »

Probably best to keep this discussion to a single thread - there's one over in the LCBO & Beer Store folder that has more posts: http://www.bartowel.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=7414