Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rogue at Smokeless

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

esprit
Seasoned Drinker

Post by esprit »

Any of you who need a Rogue fix should head down to Smokeless Joe's...we just dropped off Chocolate Stout, Yellow Snow, Buckwheat Ale and Younger's Special Bitter...Smokeless is the first and only place in Canada you can purchase these great brews!

Peter/ESPRIT AGENCIES

Cass
Beer Superstar

Post by Cass »

Outstanding! Great to see the Rogues back in TO. I'll have to head down to Joe's soon.

Josh Oakes

Post by Josh Oakes »

You must have got there about two seconds after I left! Damn.

I should also say that Joe also has Czechvar, Skullsplitter, Church Key Chocolate Porter and Walkerville Belgian Blond as well. I HIGHLY recommend the Skullsplitter.

I'll have to check out the Rogue Chocolate Stout, as that is new for me. I didn't care much for the Church Key one, but that I think was more a matter of personal taste than a reflection of the quality of the beer.

Lyle

Post by Lyle »

The Rogue Chocolate Stout is their Shakespeare Stout with chocolate essence added. I think it is fantastic. The picture on the bottle is Sebbie Buhler - in my opininion, one of the greatest advocates for good beer in the world. If you ever see her at a beer event or festival, don't pass up the opportunity for a chat!

The Chocolate Stout is a relatively new release in North America, but it has actually been selling in Japan for a few years now. Except, in Japan - it is called "Teddy Bear Beer" - apparently Chocolate Stout doesn't translate well for some reason. The Japanese bottles have a cute little picture of a teddy bear and a little heart on them.
Lyle Ostrow
Premier Gourmet
3465 Delaware Avenue
Kenmore, NY 14217
tel:(716) 877-3574
email: premierbeer@adelphia.net