Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Craft Beer Research Project

Contribute your own beer reviews and ratings of beers that are made or available in Ontario.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

MickeyDaisy

Craft Beer Research Project

Post by MickeyDaisy »

Hi everyone!

I'm currently completing my MBA and am researching the craft beer industry in Ontario. As part of our capstone project, a group of six (including myself) are offering FREE assistance to a small craft brewery in our region. As part of our primary research, we have developed a short survey to gain a deeper understanding of Ontario craft beer consumers.

If anyone has a few minutes of their day to spare, I would really appreciate it if you can fill out our survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/thebeersurvey

As a token of our appreciation, you will receive a 20% discount code to the retail shop of one of Canada's fastest growing breweries and be entered to win a trip for two to a secret destination in Ontario. :D

Please note that we are not being paid in ANY capacity to do this research and that I have asked Bar Towel for permission to make this post. Should you have any questions about the project or the survey, please do not hesitate to ask!!! Thank you again to everyone in the community for reading this post!

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

There are a few confusing/odd formulations in your survey. “Dark” is not a beer style, at least not in the sense that others in your list are. What is an “Imported domestic beer?” That just doesn’t make any sense. In your list of “craft” breweries you have Better Bitters and Nickle Brook listed. One is the former name of the other.

I’m wondering if a rough draft of the survey may have been posted by accident?

MickeyDaisy

Post by MickeyDaisy »

Coronaeus wrote:There are a few confusing/odd formulations in your survey. “Dark” is not a beer style, at least not in the sense that others in your list are. What is an “Imported domestic beer?” That just doesn’t make any sense. In your list of “craft” breweries you have Better Bitters and Nickle Brook listed. One is the former name of the other.

I’m wondering if a rough draft of the survey may have been posted by accident?
Dear Coronaeus,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have addressed the error in question 10 ("imported domestic beer" to read "mainstream imported beer') and the error in question 18 (Nickle Brook). As for the beer styles, we used the styles used by the beer store and made some additions based on information from survey takers who were less familiar with the technical terms. The link is as follows: http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beer-101/beer-types.

Again, thank you so much for flagging these issues. We really appreciate your advice!!!

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

How to gain a beer drinker's loyalty for a small brewery in rural Ontario.

Basically, you need to have the best damn beer in the province, or you have to be the only alternative to the macro in numerous establishments.

Craft beer is full of drinkers that will try anything once at any price, but even if the product is decent and the value is right, they won't return, because there are other options they haven't tried. Then you got Untapped ticking, or chasing the hop dragon effect, which you're only buying beers you've never had.